ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 what power should I make

Clio 182 FF inferno
I've got a Clio 182 and all I've done so far is k&n panel filter and KTR ultra performance exhaust with decat, it has a RS stamped inlet anyway so no point matching the inlet?? Next month im having my cambelt done at engine dynamics and I'm thinking I might aswell get my map done at the same time, they use the RS tuner software, with my mods and a RS tuner pops and bangs map what power should I make???

Also is there any other mods I should do before my map? Not including cams or itb's

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anything between 155 and 175bhp at the flywheel is perfectly normal. These engines vary massively.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
the inlets still arnt the best so wouldn't rule matching them out. id say power will be between 175-180bhp with those mods but would feel more responsive than a standard model.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'd be looking at around 170-180 bhp atf.

If its running say 160-165, its worth getting the timing checked, I'd make sure ED use the propper timing tools, although I'm sure they will

53 Clio's & counting
Yes, though its more of an advantage when tied in with other modifications, so a decent filter and exhaust, matched inlets, with a remap would make a good difference to how the car drives and maybe 10extra bhp or so

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah okay, the person I spoke to must be wrong. What sort of gains are expected/estimated if I've got a straight through omp with decat, jms induction kit and remap by rs tunning? And I'm guessing if I got some matched inlets I would need it mapped again to reap the benefits? Current bhp is 170 can't remember the torque.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough. I was tempted to go down that route but wasn't sure. e they easy enough to fit?

Bit of a pain really, it's not difficult just an arse trying to line up the gasket as you bolt the lower inlet on. You have to remove quite a bit of stuff to get them off as well

It was already mapped at RSTuning, My thinking was Paul's map for the 1*2s isn't really a custom one, just one he wrote and uses for all clios standard/lightly modified, so something like an RSInlet wasn't going to make much difference to the map.

Not saying the change was massive but you could tell there was a slight change once they were fitted.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
That's good to know. As much I like spending money I wouldn't want to fork out for another map, although I thinki will be told to feel the most benefits I would need one.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thought so. Cheers for the advice Jon, and apologies to the op with jumping on the thread.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
That's good to know. As much I like spending money I wouldn't want to fork out for another map, although I thinki will be told to feel the most benefits I would need one.

even a custom map on a standard ecu had relatively generic changes made to areas of the map rather than the more detailed fine tuning you can do with the benefit of load point tracing on a standalone ecu, so you always have a degree of flexibilty built in (dependant on what has been changed in the map of course) Stock ECU also uses lambda sensor and knock sensor a fair amount for fine tuning itself

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
All I heard there was.. let's confuse Dan and make him ask the following. Would I need it mapped lol