ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Windscreen replacement. Missing Trim?

182 RB FF
Hi wondering if people can help me/provide pics of their internals. I had the windscreen replaced today and It feels like there is a bit of trim missing from the inside along the top where the glass meets the roof and along both edges. Could people confirm what theirs is like.
Also the auto rain sensor im sure was blacked out and now you can see the sensors and doesn't look very good as you can see all the glue holding it on. Can people confirm what theirs is like too please. Thanks in advance.
IMG_20200921_161013.jpg
IMG_20200921_161057.jpg
IMG_20200921_161044.jpg
IMG_20200921_161224.jpg

182 RB FF
Thanks for reply guys. Where is this pic is it the side pillars? What is that cable/trim poking out?

Attachments

• D453E5A0-6451-4E1E-AB64-9F22A1E6CF16.jpeg
    D453E5A0-6451-4E1E-AB64-9F22A1E6CF16.jpeg
    749.7 KB · Views: 54
  182 RB FF
Did they fit new trim on the outside with the new windscreen?
No used the old stuff and it's not stuck down very well. There's a couple of issues I need to contact them about just wanted all the info first before ringing them

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
No used the old stuff and it's not stuck down very well. There's a couple of issues I need to contact them about just wanted all the info first before ringing them
I think you can still get new outer trim/ seals from renault. My screen could do with replacing so I'll have to look into that too.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Your motion sensors look different to any I've ever seen in a 1*2.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Also I've always thought where the headlining ends at the screen looks quite unfinished.

182 RB FF
Yes, I agree. Definitely different from my Cup. Maybe an aftermarket Alarm fitted ?
No just standard. Been on the car since I got it at 3years old. It's an 05 FF so maybe they changed them towards the end of run not sure?

Clio 182
VERY strange this thread coming up! well a coincidence.

I had mine replaced with nationwide windscreens on monday aswel and the guy fitted a new outer rubber seal, aswell as silicone glue stuff, however the trim didnt fit very well on the outside ( the top and side rubbers dont meet up very well) and had to be moved quite a bit as it seemed a little to small between the window and the screen. The guy that fitted it said they often use the originals for a better fit due to weathering etc.

The rain sensor looks the same as yours; not as 'clean' as before.

Those alarm sensors are definitely different.

While the screen was off i was able to see the alarm siren. Too late now but what would happen if i had unplugged the siren / cut the wires. Would it f**k everything up electronically / locking etc ? apart obviously no sound. Its just mine randomly goes off.