ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 won't start

Clio 182
Ok guys, new to here so i'll give you the run down. Really frustrated as no one even Renault can sort this, so no maybe this or that

Red immobiliser light stays on FULL time. Which indicates there is a problem not in the UCH/immobiliser but elsewhere. But I get this on clip :

DF067 Ring decoder connection
2. DEF NO COMMUNICATION WITH RING OR TRANSPONDER KEY

Very confusing!!! Car turns over 3 times and stops on its own accord. Been like this since last summer. Renault said it's the ecu, but ktec have virginised it and it is working fine.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Virginise the ECU... why? Jesus, understand the problem then act!

That's not a dig at you BTW - Why isn't the decoder responding? Has it been tested, wiring confirmed as continuous point to point, reference voltage present and correct?

Mick

Clio 182
Would be a good help if someone from N.Ireland could!!! Never seen a denser bunch for car electrics. I got the ecu virginised as "Renault" said the injection ecu was faulty. So i got it virginised and tested to eliminate it. Same problem though. So now it's immobiliser but cant get someone to distinguish what?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
A solid light could be caused my a couple of things. If the Earth strap on the gearbox is loose. It's behind the n/s wheel so check that.

The other one I come across is a faulty relay in the engine fuse box. Again on the n/s in the engine bay. Look in the fuse box, there are two/three small relays which all look the same. Swap them over and see if the problem is resolved. One of them is the switch which turns off the immobiliser in the ECU. If it is resolved replace the relay which relates to the immob

Clio 182
Ive swapped relays but no joy. Havn't checked the gearbox earth, would that show up if I were to check the voltages, continuity etc at the UCH and it's components? Im a spark by trade so going to try and test the car myself if I can figure the loom and gather some info first lol

Megan's rs250
If anyone could email me wiring loom diagrams, earth locations etc id really appreciate it.
Hi just had same problem come about on my 182 , had the AA out to look , happened to be a Renault technician in the past , he knew straight away what to do had car started on 30 seconds. If you hold the central locking button in for 10 seconds it resets the immobiliser and up it started !