ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182

Hi guys i just bought a Clio 182 in silver with cup pack. I sold my mini one which was an s lookalike for it and i dont regret it one bit. I am not sure whether to get the stripes on it in black and where could i get it done and how much?? I am getting it lowered on Pi springs on friday and then leaving it standard. Also am i one of the youngest owners only being 17. Ollie

welcome!

you cant have the stripes added afterwards by renault so yuoll have to go to your local signwriter and gets some vinyls made up.

if you are 17 then yes probably and may I ask how the hell are you insured?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Way hey another young one!!!!! Four months after my 18th i got a 172 Cup.... Welcome mate!

probably the youngest yes, minis are w**k glad youve seen the light. I dont personally think the stripes suit the black but its up to you, if you do do it though i would go for anthracite to match the wheels rather than white though you can get them made up by most vinyl graphics comapnies. if you are lowering on springs go for eibachs they give the best combination of comfort and handling and are well made.

ok. insured with elephant.co.uk under my mums name with her 5 yrs no claims and i said i use another car as well. I am insured third party on my mates car. i checked the form loads and loads of times.

be carefull with the driving other peoples car thing.

i got a fully comp policy with Direct line when i was 17 had a bump in my mums car and they tried to say i wasnt covered as i was under 21 and the policy didnt allow it.

turned out they had screwed up and had to pay out claim free for me too even though it was my fault!

enjoy the car and take it easy to begin with FFS!

i had that problem with the mini. Direct line messed up policy. luckily they noticed when we rang up to inform them of mods. I havent had ne crashes yet. did my test 10 days after my b day so hopefully i am gona b k. i am takin it well slow at mo. Anyone have any pics of a silver 182.

VERY grey area that, people are getting caught out more and more on this one. in the event of a claim insurers will try and wriggle out of paying by proving that you are the main driver and therefore got the cover under flase pretenses. They will smell a rat with a married woman with grown up kids insuring a sports model/hothatch and may come and interview neighbours about who is the most regular user of the car to prove a point and get out of paying up.

if you have the cup pack why fit pi springs ???

Renault sport tested the cup pack and have the valving/spring combo spot on,

You will lose this by fitting aftermarket springs to the Cup.

this car handles very well and all you see is young guys dropping them 40mm and putting 17" wheels on, dont you like going round corners ??

D

your insured by elephant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as a named driver i stacked my 172cup and was the same as u they took 6 months to pay out investigated the crash etc twice i gave a statement tired to say i was drink driving but the police call got me out of sh*t and i said to them if u dont wanna pay we will go to court simple and ill also claim for loss of earning etc the following week they paid out 9,000 on a 52 plate i bought it for 9,600 five months before not bad eh

Quote: Originally posted by Mrdemon on 17 January 2005

<SCRIPT language=javascript> if you have the cup pack why fit pi springs ???

Renault sport tested the cup pack and have the valving/spring combo spot on,

You will lose this by fitting aftermarket springs to the Cup.

this car handles very well and all you see is young guys dropping them 40mm and putting 17" wheels on, dont you like going round corners ??

D
This is true but Ive lowered mine 40mm and it goes round corners like its on rails. Although the ride is now harsh to say the least. My main problem with the standard set up either Cup or non-cup is the ride height which rivals Bigfoot! Kept with 16s tho. No need for bigger on a Clio.

Mike

just dont crash...! or have any accident of any kind what so ever to avoid a lot of legal wrangling....

[Edited by Kiev85 on 18 January 2005 at 2:55pm]

btw hope weve not scared him off

Good thread! The moral of the above ollie is insure the car in your name and not your parents!

Otherwise you will most likely be driving around uninsured. The loss of your car could be a tiny price to pay compared to people sueing you for damage to their person/cars if an accidnet ensues!

The Beast MK4

Welcome to the club mate and watch that insurance thing. It has got me thinking about getting my policy changed.