ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 2.0 RS PS2 Press release.

VW Potato

speaking as a pro, thats a useless press release. my clients would kill me if i turned in drivel like that.

g

Wider front arches, is that even more so that the std 172 or just a normal Clio? Otherwise is it just a Cup in silver..which is what we have over here now? Jeremy, explain!

-Rob

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

This has been mentioned on another thread a few weeks ago, where Jeremy replied. Cant remember what one tho!

Clio 1.6 16V

Maybe Jeremy Im missing somit here .... but what REALLY is the point of this exercise from Reno? It this to mark the final production of the 172 / Cup or are there new offerings on the sporting Clio horizon? From what I see as an outsider the Cup has been selling like hot cakes recently and been well received, so the PS2 cant just be a plublicity stint? Anyway, where does the Sony PS2 fit into the equation?

Neil

I cant speak for France but they like this sort of tie-in with a partner for marketing - Billabong is an example weve used here. I suspect they wanted PS2 as a partner (as they have an involvement with Renault F1) and the natural choice for this was the Cup. Remember Cup really sells well here but in France not so, there the 172 sells much more than their Ragnotti

Different roads, different style of driving.

Our roads are a lot more twisty I imagine, bearing in mind that we have wales and scotland and Devon/cornwall with some mental twisty roads. France tends to be a lot more a to b roads, so I imagine the french just like their creature comforts. Us brits, were well ard! ;)

Here is Australia the idea of a car without aircon is a joke. Iv lived in uk all of my life until i came here 2 years ago.

I would definately not buy a car without aircon here - gets soooooo hot. Same situation here with a lack of more twisty roads (in general).

thats why the Mk2 cup has never been released here me thinks!

Clio 197

I had a copy of the press release and read it yesterday. In it it states that the caster has been increased over the Cup/Ragnotti. As I have a Ragnotti on order, and it appears it would be built at the same time, on the same line, as the PS2 cars, I was wondering whether the new Cup/Ragnottis would be benefitting from this change as well. If not, I want to know exactly what part or parts I need to effect the change in my car, if it ever gets here...

Did Renault need a production run to homologate some additional bits, one of which may contribute to the increased caster? Is it actually an evolution car?

White16valver, the roads in France can be every bit as twisty as those in the UK, as watching the Rally Monte Carlo, or the Tour ds France will prove. And all those French rally drivers, Jean Ragnotti amonst the greats, need to develop their skills somewhere.

It says with only 200 examples to be sold in france from June 2003??? Has Renault UK issued a similar press release coz if they havent its not available over here surely?

VW Potato

ok, let me get this right.

In the UK, you cannot order the PS2. Its for France only.

However, you will be able to order a Cup in Silver in the UK.

I think/hope Ive got that right!

g

Clio 197

And in France, they cannot order a Ragnotti because they were only going to build 200 in the first place, so they can only get the RS2 now, which is identical aside from the paint. But here in Luxembourg, I eagerly await my Ragnotti...

Amazing!