ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 a turbo?

Clio 1.2 16v
So there I was pissing around on the Renault website.

I was looking through the Technical data of the Clio 200.

The engine type says 2.0 16v Turbo!

Is this right?

Cheers.

Dave

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Nope..only RenaultSport models with turbo currently are Megane 225/230 and Megane Coupe 250 all rest are Normally Aspirated (except ones which have been done after manufacture by owners/garages).

Not surprised TBH. They also marketed the 197 by saying it had constantly variable vtec, hence no 5k kick, despite the 182 vtec kicking in y0 at something like 1500rpm. They're jokers. Can't expect them to know what engine is in their own car pmsl.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Haha! Until 6 months ago, the printed brochure stated the Megane 250's top speed was 250 mph! Bargain against the more coveted Bugatti Veyron!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Contact RUK and ask where the hell your turbo is ;) mind you I did read an article when the 197 was announced and they said it was a 2.0 turbo - I assumed it was the journalist cocking up but perhaps that was the original idea ?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
lol that badge is off a megane GT! however the suspension was developed by renaultsport, thats about it! its as much renaultsport as the twingo is! lol it came under the "RenaultSport range"