ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Cup - colour coded door strips

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a 200, but undecided on whether to go for the FF or Cup version at this stage - reading through threads at the moment. From the threads I have read, I was under the impression that one way to identify a 200 Cup model was the black horizontal exterior door strips (i.e. not colour coded). However, I came across the advert below which seems to be a Cup model (I think?), but with colour coded door strips. I'm guessing the owner (previous CS owner going by sticker) has colour coded these? Can anyone shed light on whether the Cup models didn't necessarily come with black horizontal exterior door strips or whether this looks to be a one-off modification by a previous owner.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif..._medium=Email&utm_campaign=Email_a_friend_car

Cheers,

Lewis

Last edited:
  Renaultsport Clio200
It should be a cup model as its only got the analogue air con and not the digital air con. The other 'tells' are if you test drive it and the suspension is incredibly firm/the springs should have (if memory serves) yellow and green dots on. There is a thread on that somewhere here

Suzuki Jimny
Yeah that's had the door strips painted.
You can tell its a cup model by the terrible steering wheel 😂

Renaultsport Clio200
I didn't know they also had a worse standard of steering wheel! TBH if you like the car (the colour is very nice) I reckon you could knock a decent amount off. I paid 7200 for my 09 black ff 200 with the cup pack and recaros with 31k on the clock at the end of December.

I reckon you could find a few out there for similar money with the recaros which are sublime and really lift the cabin

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Recaros are worth the extra. It's surprising that so many people ordered 200s with few or zero options.

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it! After reading numerous threads I think I'm swaying towards finding something similar to you - a FF with the Cup pack.

Clio 197
I actually like the wheel, I didn't know there was a difference with the cup one, I prefer it over the Meg 250 cup's anyway.
Godamn tell me about those manual adjustment side mirrors though, PITA!
On the plus side you have the door grab handles which must make it so much easier to open and close the doors! :)

Renaultsport Clio200
@DS197.

Thanks! I do have the electric adjustable ones so maybe that's an upgrade to think about. How much does it cost to replace with electrically folding mirrors?

Clio 197
@DS197.

Thanks! I do have the electric adjustable ones so maybe that's an upgrade to think about. How much does it cost to replace with electrically folding mirrors?
I picked up both mirrors and door looms for about £60 I think. Not too expensive to do but a little time consuming is all

Renaultsport Clio200
Ah ok cool. Haha I am awful at DIY so I'd probably need a garage to do it for me but good to know it's not hundreds of pounds!

Clio 197
The other design isn't ideal if a large gust of wind catches the door... oops
It's a nightmare in carparks when i've got passengers. Although i've bought a set of door grabs so when it's warmer the door cards will come off and the dremel will come out!

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I picked up both mirrors and door looms for about £60 I think. Not too expensive to do but a little time consuming is all

Where did you get the electric folding mirrors from mate? And are they the 200 mirrors? Thanks.

Clio 197
Where did you get the electric folding mirrors from mate? And are they the 200 mirrors? Thanks.
I picked them up from a user who sold the mirrors and looms together as he was turning his car into a cup racer. They're 197 mirrors but I don't think there's any differences in regards to retrofitting the 200 mirrors which are slightly different in shape.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hero spec

200 FF
Storm Grey or LY or AG
recaros
Cup pack
Speedlines
Sprint spoiler
- slightly lowered
- additional front splitter
- RS side skirts.

FIN.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I picked them up from a user who sold the mirrors and looms together as he was turning his car into a cup racer. They're 197 mirrors but I don't think there's any differences in regards to retrofitting the 200 mirrors which are slightly different in shape.

Thanks mate. 200 folding mirrors seem few and are far between unfortunately.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Hardly anyone did spec properly on the 200.
It was part of the reason why I ordered a new build. I went for everything bar rear parking sensors though. Fully loaded.
I wanted Storm Grey but since mine was one of the last made, they'd discontinued the ID colours. :pensive:
They look crap without options though.