ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 cup

clio 200 cup
Afternoon all,

Hoping that you can put my mind at rest! I've recently purchased a 2009 Clio 200 cup. I've had some small niggles which the garage is rectifying as we speak in the form of dodgy coil pack and 3 spark plugs (sorted) and an exhaust blow which turns out to be a failed flexi joint (waiting on the manifold as apparently RUK/ RFR don't have the parts stocked).

However, my main concern currently would be that on startup, the car will sometimes sound like a tractor, with revs idling at around 1100-1200 rpm - extremely loud and rough, however, once the engine warms after around 1-2 minutes the revs will drop to 800-900 and sound sweet as a nut. I have done some research online and it sounds like some examples of the dephaser pulley going as on several clips on youtube but on speaking with some more mechanically minded people apparently it would get louder as the engine got warmer if it was the DP, whereas the noise will cease after a few minutes.

Several friends have said that the sports are notorious for a lumpy initial idle so really I am hoping that someone could indicate if this is normal or I should be concerned?

"Cambelt assembly, including tensioners and aux belt" were done according to some invoices 2 years and 10k ago. No mention of a dephaser pulley on the invoice. Is a dephaser pulley part of a cam belt kit?
Thanks for the help in advance.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dephaser a non service item, as in its not on renaults schedule for replacement

Anyway they are noisey when warm, not cold, and the noise tends to phase out above 1800rpm. I've not heard of any dephaser issues on the mk3 (yet)