ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Eats GT3's

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
I just thought Id post up since I watched the vid last night, its never nice to see someone 'bin' it on track. It seemed to me though the porsche driver felt he had a point to prove rather than just moving out of the way for the clio.

Amazing driving all the same... you managed to make a real mess of those tyres too :D

A 197/200 will be superior on the 'Ring to a 1#2 as it's so much more stable. The 1#2s might feel more nimble on a twistier track but on the Ring it's 80+ most of the time. The Porsche driver was doing ok, nothing special but certainly not a novice judging by the first part of that lap before he basically lost it on a slight hump on a straight line (it is probably one of the trickiest parts of the track in RWD, let alone rear engined).

@ 8:03 where the footage is flipped, what's going on there? can't get my head around which way it would have been, or why that has been done if it now shows overtaking on the right??

Would like to see a 8m12 video of it though as that is hugely faster than that particular lap.

Cupped 200
nein nein, ich wohne in der Schwiez - ich war nur ein mal am Ring aber ich bin Mitglied von einer Rennstrecke in Frankreich - L'Anneau du Rhin.

Momentan habe ich einen Trophy, aber ich habe einen 200 bestellt!

Kannst du mir bissl mehr darüber erzählen? Ich war am L'Anneau du Rhin schon paarmal fahren aber jedesmal für viel Kohle mit nem veranstalter. Was kostet eine Mitgliedschaft und was bringts!? Gehst du öfter auf Trackdays von der Schweiz aus!? Weil ich hab da mühe was vernünftiges zu finden....

Edit says: Sorry for German, was by accident!

Clio 200 Black and White
Kannst du mir bissl mehr darüber erzählen? Ich war am L'Anneau du Rhin schon paarmal fahren aber jedesmal für viel Kohle mit nem veranstalter. Was kostet eine Mitgliedschaft und was bringts!? Gehst du öfter auf Trackdays von der Schweiz aus!? Weil ich hab da mühe was vernünftiges zu finden....

Edit says: Sorry for German, was by accident!

Well you pay €2300 per year and you get to use the track tuesday to saturday from 1700 until 1930 from April 1st until November 30th. Also, when the track isn't being used for other events you can also use it during the day.

It seems like a lot of money but if you go twice a month (which is pretty easy if you can get off work early sometimes) it actually works out ALOT cheaper than regular track days.

Also there aren't many members and most of them don't use it during the week so there aren't usually more than two or three other cars there. Sometimes you get the whole track to yourself, which is pretty awesome.

Members can bring guests too so if you wanna come along some time just let me know.

Cupped 200
I would LOVE it! Im little on money because of the leasing of my 200 (habe das Budget quasi ausgereizt um den zu bekommen) and therefore not so trackinvolved like last years with my 20 year old racingbitch :D Also have to get some alloys and Semis for the 200 wich will cost again a fortune.... damn money, i tell you. Im working Shifts so the possibilty of having time when youre going in the evening or so is not so bad ;)

so probably next year when i got the track basics bought i can get membership or so... only thing that disturbs me is getting on track with a car still in leasing....

Love the Track btw. i can get to the limit there... not like the Nordschleife where i crap my pants long before i am near the limit :p

Clio 200 Black and White
yeah it's a great track for the clio because it's not too fast and pretty twisty.

you don't need a second set of rims and semi slicks to have fun though, just use your standard wheels and tyres, ok they will wear out pretty quick, but it's still cheaper and easier than having a second set.

It is an expensive hobby though, for sure, especially when you every week!

Cupped 200
Yeah i know, but because of the wear of the TIres i wanna use Semis. Need the Profile ;) And in my Size the Tires arent cheap.... the Semis are about the same so why waste the Road ones... only thing thattl be expensive will be the Alloys, but since i need Winterones anyway... well... well see ;) When youre goin next time!?

Clio Dci
Damn! that GT3 should never of braked so hard going over the crest, completely unsettled the back end, he was just a passanger after that!
The rev limiter "beep" on the 200 was cool :cool:

182 Trophy
There is a lot more at stake when things get slightly out of control in a GT3 to bear in mind, and thats gonna be very a very costly mistake.

Lots of factors, could be the first week the Porsche owner has had the car, first track session.....so many factors.

But agree with you that Clios are the fastest cars in the world ever.

yeah because people said that didn't they.

people with bigger and supposedly faster cars always get arsey when something like a clio shows them how its done ;) if you can't show some respect for the clio 200 then you're no car enthusiast imo.
And if theres more at stake when driving a gt3 then whats the point in owning one? that means you can never push it hard so it will never be quicker than a clio 200......

Stagecoach Ticket
These threads crack me up so much bitching haha. Clios are s**t build quality cheap heaps but there pretty much the fastest you can go for the money. Its a good vid so i will enjoy it for that

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Clio looks to be driven really well!

Shows what a competent driver can do :D

Lots of German talk, unfortunately mine is limited to "Das Boot!"

182+1.5DCI+S2000
The GT3 driver should not of braked over the lip of the hill....bad move other than that nice video :) shame about the crash :eek:

Renault Sport Clio 182
i thought at the ring theres a sort of rule that says the first person on scene of a crash should stop and assist as is the same rule the most of europe has?

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
A 200 would lap the 'ring very nicely me thinks

They sure do!!!! I've hired lots of cars from RSR at the Ring over the years.

They go REALLY well.
e4bae05c.jpg

The Ring is ALL about track knowledge and driver skill. Not the car.

Renaultsports are awesome at the Ring. Hired all these Meganes as well! all superb.
3ff6c3c9.jpg

5727596f.jpg

7e3de2c2.jpg

Weeman sucks ****
Why didn't he stop to see if the guy was ok? Prick!

The guy in the porsche could have hit some oil, anyone ever done that at the ring? I have and it's not nice especially there, one of the quickest and potentially dangerous corners there.

Unlucky porsche, at least he looked a million times better than that green micra.

E90
They should of stopped straight away, knobheads, as for it singing the praises of Clios b****cks, I've passed faster in a 20 year old 140 hp BMW, so thats pish. Dickheads.

Oh and Re the rentals a cautionary tale from my mate Dale who works at RSR.

"On another doom-monger note... this is my company car's new shape.

img0013s.jpg

Brief summary:

• It was his first lap of his first visit, young chap.
• He'd learnt the track using the PlayStation
• Own words; He got the 'jump at the exit of the foxhole wrong'... words fail me!
• He was wearing his helmet, he had his g/f on the pax seat wearing hers.
• The Clio landed upside down, 20ft down the slope on the right side of the track.
• Check out the A-pillars, that's a STRONG car
• What can I say??!?"

TrackCar & F30 330d
^ ouch.

Those compaines charge a large excess dont they if you crash. I bet the Ring bill was stupidly high.

I've only driven one lap of the ring but i'm certianly no a pro and when i go back in July in my car i'll be driving well with in my limits

Turbos.
MadUSA1, you are bit of a bell end my friend.

You sarcastically thank people for pointing out the bleeding obvious, yet you're the guy who stirs it all up in the first place! Oh, and what car do you drive? Ah! Of course.... a Clio 200. Say whatever fills your ego i guess...

As said, the Clio driver is an absolute c-unit for not stopping. Laughing about it is bang out of order. And i thought it was Porsche drivers who were pricks!