ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 F4Rt + German Autobahn =

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I don't see why people think he is lying, it's not as if this car isn't capable of those speeds.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I don't see why people think he is lying, it's not as if this car isn't capable of those speeds.

I think it was more people were querying if it would do those speeds at that rpm, ie they believed it would do 150mph+ but at 7k+

Because they werent thinking about it having a megane box.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I think it was more people were querying if it would do those speeds at that rpm, ie they believed it would do 150mph+ but at 7k+

I thought it was in his project thread that he had a megane box anyway. Sure most people have read that. Either or, it's a brilliant car.

Golf GTD Mk7
no doubting it's ability, but I had it im my head the boxes were the same. Turns out not, but I thought the megane box was limited to around 155, so I suppose it might have been bouncing on the limiter at that point?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
no doubting it's ability, but I had it im my head the boxes were the same. Turns out not, but I thought the megane box was limited to around 155, so I suppose it might have been bouncing on the limiter at that point?

While the standard car might have a limiter there in the original car, that doesnt mean the box itself is limited to that.

clio 200 F4Rt
Hey guys. Thanks for all the comments. Some made me chuckle quite a bit.

As for the doubters, I unfortunately don't have the time or skill to fabricate pictures and post them on the Internet. It's not my thing. And I can get my 2 passengers to verify what the speedo said, if you really can't grasp reality.

It was a random high speed run that my friend decided to take a picture of, and I decided to show it with fellow clio 'lovers'.

As for the car, it is running the megane gearbox, which anyone with knowledge will know has longer gearing. Hence the speed shown.

As for the needle going further, I am not sure. The revs were still rising but I decided to ease off. plus we all know speedo's over read, so I would assume it was somewhere in the 140-145 genuine mph range.

Please feel free to keep discussing and commenting. The lack of knowledge on this forum is very amusing (ps thanks to chip for bringing some decent input).

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I had a feeling it was a megane box, from watching a few youtub videos they seem similar geared to a 1*2 from 1-5th then with the nice option of 6th to drop the RPM

Golf GTD Mk7
While the standard car might have a limiter there in the original car, that doesnt mean the box itself is limited to that.

Fair point mate. It would make sense that renault wouldn't gear the box to max out at the rev limit of the standard lump. Plus they both run 17's, so that wouldn't affect the gearing.

It is indeed a beast though.

182cup & 172 racecar

This, that's all. It all makes sense now.

Evo 5 RS
Hey guys. Thanks for all the comments. Some made me chuckle quite a bit.

As for the doubters, I unfortunately don't have the time or skill to fabricate pictures and post them on the Internet. It's not my thing. And I can get my 2 passengers to verify what the speedo said, if you really can't grasp reality.

It was a random high speed run that my friend decided to take a picture of, and I decided to show it with fellow clio 'lovers'.

As for the car, it is running the megane gearbox, which anyone with knowledge will know has longer gearing. Hence the speed shown.

As for the needle going further, I am not sure. The revs were still rising but I decided to ease off. plus we all know speedo's over read, so I would assume it was somewhere in the 140-145 genuine mph range.

Please feel free to keep discussing and commenting. The lack of knowledge on this forum is very amusing (ps thanks to chip for bringing some decent input).

So how's it feel at 140-150mph? Pretty sturdy? Genuine question, as before. Don't go all insecure again lol. :eek:

clio 200 F4Rt
So how's it feel at 140-150mph? Pretty sturdy? Genuine question, as before. Don't go all insecure again lol. :eek:

yes indeed. feels pretty stable and solid at those speeds on the motorway.

Hit around 135-140 (speedo indicated) on the Nurburgring, and also feels very stable there, dispite the bumps and camber of the tarmac.

The car is only running eibach springs on cup dampers at the moment. But is due a set of Nitron coilovers in the near future, so should be interesting to see and feel the results!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Surprised you were only hitting those speeds as we were getting 135 just about on the faster bits of the ring in our rs2 clio.
i assume you were just taking it a bit steady?

clio 200 F4Rt
Surprised you were only hitting those speeds as we were getting 135 just about on the faster bits of the ring in our rs2 clio.
i assume you were just taking it a bit steady?

What sort of speeds would you expect?

I feel that I drive pretty hard at the ring (within my limits), but knowledge is definately speed there.

My lowly speeds allow me to lap at around 8:30, with traffic. Which in most peoples eyes isnt too bad. Although I know experienced drivers can do it a chunk quicker.

What sort of times have you clocked? Always interesting to compare with fellow clio owners, especially between the different models.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What sort of speeds would you expect?

I feel that I drive pretty hard at the ring (within my limits), but knowledge is definately speed there.

My lowly speeds allow me to lap at around 8:30, with traffic. Which in most peoples eyes isnt too bad. Although I know experienced drivers can do it a chunk quicker.

What sort of times have you clocked? Always interesting to compare with fellow clio owners, especially between the different models.

We were just pottering around on road tyres about a minute or more a lap slower than that, i would have expected nearer 150mph from your car as a peak speed on the faster sections.

Not that it matters, was clearly going well for you to do those times :)