ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Faults and engine rattle

Clio 200 and R5
Hi, our Clio 200 lost power about 6weeks ago, turned out to be a oxygen sensor. A week later it started spluttering and making all kinds of horrible noises, the gap on plug number 1 was closed up, 4 new plugs in and she was running nice. Couple of weeks later on our way to a wedding the engine starts to rattle, got it recovered and back to my friends car garage (ex Renault worker) to discover a piece of metal in cylinder 3! There doesn't seem to be any damage to the cylinder and piston, or to any valves or there seats, we don't know where it's come from or what it was before it got squashed, has anyone come across anything like this before? Is it just a coincidence all 3 break downs or are they linked? If the piece of metal was in cylinder 1 that would explain the squashed plug, but we would of also heard the rattle sooner. Any advise ???? Thanks Ben.

Clio 200 and R5
Hi, our Clio 200 lost power about 6weeks ago, turned out to be a oxygen sensor. A week later it started spluttering and making all kinds of horrible noises, the gap on plug number 1 was closed up, 4 new plugs in and she was running nice. Couple of weeks later on our way to a wedding the engine starts to rattle, got it recovered and back to my friends car garage (ex Renault worker) to discover a piece of metal in cylinder 3! There doesn't seem to be any damage to the cylinder and piston, or to any valves or there seats, we don't know where it's come from or what it was before it got squashed, has anyone come across anything like this before? Is it just a coincidence all 3 break downs or are they linked? If the piece of metal was in cylinder 1 that would explain the squashed plug, but we would of also heard the rattle sooner. Any advise ???? Thanks Ben.
IMG_0613.JPG
IMG_0613.JPG

Clio 200 and R5

Attachments

• IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    627.2 KB · Views: 44
  Clio 200 and R5
When you look closely there's a couple of layers to it, could it be part of a washer of a spark plug when they were changed? But the rattle started a few weeks after they were changed.

dan's cast offs.
if it's part of a crush washer then it will be hard to bend and also steel, crimp terminal should be easier to bend and possibly ally?

my money is on crimp terminal but hard to say for certain without seeing it in the flesh.

Clio 200 and R5
It's magnetic so not ally, almost wish something was broken so I knew where it was from, I'll do some more investigating this week, thanks for your input