ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 gearbox/clutch issues

Clio 182 cup
Morning all.

anybody know if there are any common issues with clutches and gearboxes with the 200 as I've driven my car for 3 days and on 2 of the days it's been difficult to put in gear. First time I couldn't and called the AA etc then took it to a garage but they test drove it and couldn't find an issue. This morning it took 2 mins to find a gear. Had the car 1 week! Is there an issue with my car or is it normal? Trouble is I don't wanna pay £££'s getting the gearbox and clutch out :(

cheers.

​Dan.

Clio 182 cup
I did my research on the 197 compared to the 200 and I thought the 200 didn't suffer from many gearbox issues :( when basically will refuse to go into any gear and seems to happen from cold although have only had the car a week and used it 3 times!!!!!

Clio 182 cup
I'm talking about 20 mins plus and many many many attempts trying to put it into gear. I've already tried pumping the clutch which doesn't help. Once I find a gear and drive it's good as gold *touchwood*.

Suzuki Jimny
Same gearbox so same issues.

Marshall that posted earlier had a master cylinder replaced, could be that?