ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 help!

Storm Grey 200 turbo
Ever since getting the car in May, my 200 Cup has always made a strange noise. It's REALLY irritating and for the life of me I can't seem to figure out what it is. HELP!!!

The only way I can describe the noise is it being 'similar' to when power steering makes the gurgling noise as if fluid is struggling to get through the pump.

It only seems to do it at high revs turning right then slightly eases away as the car straightens back up, there is no effect on steering at all i.e. it doesnt go heavy then light and as said before only turning right but not left.

Any suggestions would be mega helpful!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
The only thing i csn suggest is take it to toomey southend and ask for matt, he is a renaultsport technician also has an alien green 200 and is a club member or come to cs14 im sure someone could help.

Clio 172
could their be a pin hole in power steering system that is letting air in/fluid out and turning right irritates it more so than left?! Iv had something similar in my old audi TT where full lock would cause the pump to spit fluid out, straight line driving was fine, but on either lock it would dump fluid!

megane 285 sport
the power steering is electric, so no fluid, but you could check the shuttle drains under the shuttle panel, quite common to block up.

Clio 172
the power steering is electric, so no fluid, but you could check the shuttle drains under the shuttle panel, quite common to block up.

Didn't know that! :) Now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

knowing-is-half-the-battle-980x550.jpg

Storm Grey 200 turbo
The only thing i csn suggest is take it to toomey southend and ask for matt, he is a renaultsport technician also has an alien green 200 and is a club member or come to cs14 im sure someone could help.

Thanks, I'll do my best to have a decent look at the weekend, if not I'll pop down there then. Pretty sure Matt's got the supercharged one right?

could their be a pin hole in power steering system that is letting air in/fluid out and turning right irritates it more so than left?! Iv had something similar in my old audi TT where full lock would cause the pump to spit fluid out, straight line driving was fine, but on either lock it would dump fluid!

Okay thanks I'll have a look and see if I get any luck, appreciate the help!