ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 200 HID'S

STEALTH RAIDER
Ive just had the caps off the back of the lights. Seems the optic light is not a H7 as its only got one prong? Can anyone tell me if its the same on the 197 and if its possible for hids to go in? Dont really wanna take the bumper off till i know for certain. Cheers Lew

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The beam would scatter like a b*****d wouldn't it?

Are they projection units??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
H1 in the 197 cornering units with optics, thats how i rolled

STEALTH RAIDER
Cool!!!! Do you reckon ill need to take the bumper off as i can get my hand near everything apart from the cornering light. It does say in manual that it is a H7 though? Cheers guys, Lew

Last edited:
  172 5HED
H7 is the cornering light! The cornering light only comes on for a second when cornering hence the name, not much use putting a HID in there mate!

Im guessing you mean H1 for the projector lense (the dipped beam)?

STEALTH RAIDER
H7 is the cornering light! The cornering light only comes on for a second when cornering hence the name, not much use putting a HID in there mate!

Im guessing you mean H1 for the projector lense (the dipped beam)?

Well im gonna change all the bulbs if the bumper needs to come off which i will now give a go. Does the bumper more or less have the same fitting as the 197?

P

Philpott

Ok have a 200 without cornering lights, do I need new headlights (projectors) to fit hid kit?

260% JCW
Dont think after having HID's i could go back to standard halo.

IMO Renault made a mistake dropping the HID's for the Clio. Should of at least made it an option.

If and when i get a 200 il be fitting some kind of HID kit.

Good effort guys.

You can get HID kits designed for non-projector headlights so they don't scatter the beam and blind everyone.. HIDS4U do them, not cheap though.