ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 on order

BMW F21 125d
In todays current financial mess, especially with the car manufacturers, i'd have thought (like others) that a greater discount could have been got, or at least the extras for free etc... With prices like that i'd imagine people will be walking away if no deals are available!

Clio 172 cup
FFS £19,000 is a lot of money for a clio, it will lose 2k soon as you drive it off the forcourt and a further £200/month for the first year in depreciation.

If you have plenty of money than it doesnt really matter does it

IMO if i had the money to spend on a car i`d still rather buy a decent trophy and keep the £12,000 i`ve saved in my bank account

just my 2p

172cup
Well i went into the Renault dealership today and the guy simply said 'What'?

Flipping clueless.

I was really starting to fancy one but for that price I cant stretch that far. Looks like an r26 for me then.

No offence mate, its your cash but you could probably get an r26r for 19k. But each to the own and I am probably just jealous that you have 19k to spend on a motor.

Black Gold with cup packs
Well i went into the Renault dealership today and the guy simply said 'What'?

Flipping clueless.

I was really starting to fancy one but for that price I cant stretch that far. Looks like an r26 for me then.

No offence mate, its your cash but you could probably get an r26r for 19k. But each to the own and I am probably just jealous that you have 19k to spend on a motor.

I could get an R26r for £18400, I would seriously drop this lark my friend have a shop around, having alot of money does no come into it if you can save 4k thats 4k for something else. You want to have a word with Marc Elgar over www.renaultsport.co.uk, i'd bet a testicle on it he will get you better price than that.

172cup
marc isn't selling renaults at the minute, the best i could get when shopping around was a 6% interest deal and the car costing 19500 through lk renault. however, some of the r26rs have been up for ages now and i reckon if you walked in you could walk away with a right deal.

VaVa
19k! :shock: someones not feeling the crunch at all lol

If I ever buy a new/nearly new car again it won't be from Renault. Having seen how the other half live with regards to dealership service (specifically MINI) I'll be putting my cash elsewhere.

Which is a shame as they produce some truly brilliant cars.

ph1 172
19k!

A friend bought a 9 month old (8000miles) 310bhp BMW 135i for £24k (£36k list price)
Its not even remotely the same sort of car, but you can get a lot more for your money!

I love my clios but theres no way i would pay that for one!

Renaultsport 200
19K?!?!? Fooking Hell matey is your bum hole sore now?

19k for what is essentially a 197 with a broken nose and a sat nav.

And I thought I paid a fortune for my R27 12 months ago!

Your money I guess!

Jees

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
TBH its probably why he never mentioned how much he paid in his first post as he knew he would get raped... I on the other hand think its alot of money for a Clio, but as long as he is happy with his purchase then fair play to the guy.

You could get allsorts of mint cars for that sort of price.... Evo's FTFW :), but hey if he's got money to burn & he's not bothered with the depreciation then thats fine imho. Just remember to show us some pics when you get it :)

Clio 197
o/h's mini comes in at 17k. new car prices are a bit of a rip off at the moment, but i'm lucky at the moment as my business vs the current climate is doing okay.
I know it's a lot to pay, but for me it's worth it. For the first time in my life i'm getting a car spec'd how I want it and I know the only person to have driven it is me :)
In real terms, the car is only costing me 10k, and I'll get something that'll still give me a decent trade in value in a year or two.
I've always been against the idea of buying a car off the forecourt brand new due to the losses you make, but the 3 years of no hassle with MOT and warranty covering everything is something I think is worth it now I can finally afford it.
I'm an ex-bmw driver, but there is no way I can justify the costs of getting one of them new, or even a couple of years old at the performance/spec I want.
And when there is a car as much fun as the 197 to drive and I have the cash, why not go for a 200 and enjoy it. I like the fact it's not a turbo and a nice tuned engine, I've had turbos in the past and paid silly money for a gasket change ( mates scooby is in for an engine rebuild at the moment for 3500) so I'm more than happy to have a well tuned engine that'll run and run. I do around 150 miles a day in the 197 and love the way it handles the motorways and backroads, plus traffic jams, lol.

172cup
Sounds like you've made the right choice mate, r26r would be a nightmare as an everyday driver. Looking forward to seeing some pics of this and mainly how it compares to the 197.

I am doing 160 miles a day in the 182 and it is starting to get on my nerves but that is due to the k tec exhaust and not having a 6th gear.

Another quality sale by Sewards. You should've shopped around mate, I bet you would've got exactly the same spec elsewhere for around 1500 quid less than you're paying for the facelifted version. You seriously will drop 8k in the first year in depreciation.

Renaultsport 200
o/h's mini comes in at 17k. new car prices are a bit of a rip off at the moment, but i'm lucky at the moment as my business vs the current climate is doing okay.
I know it's a lot to pay, but for me it's worth it. For the first time in my life i'm getting a car spec'd how I want it and I know the only person to have driven it is me :)
In real terms, the car is only costing me 10k, and I'll get something that'll still give me a decent trade in value in a year or two.
I've always been against the idea of buying a car off the forecourt brand new due to the losses you make, but the 3 years of no hassle with MOT and warranty covering everything is something I think is worth it now I can finally afford it.
I'm an ex-bmw driver, but there is no way I can justify the costs of getting one of them new, or even a couple of years old at the performance/spec I want.
And when there is a car as much fun as the 197 to drive and I have the cash, why not go for a 200 and enjoy it. I like the fact it's not a turbo and a nice tuned engine, I've had turbos in the past and paid silly money for a gasket change ( mates scooby is in for an engine rebuild at the moment for 3500) so I'm more than happy to have a well tuned engine that'll run and run. I do around 150 miles a day in the 197 and love the way it handles the motorways and backroads, plus traffic jams, lol.

Your kidding surley? This 200 will be worth 2p in 12 months like the 197's are now.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Congrats on your purchase. I don't think I would be able to bear that long a wait for it. Would you register it on a 09 plate if it arrives earlier?

i dont think even super mr elga would be able to save much money on a new model maybe in a few months when its not selling ;)