ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 200 paint defect

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't touch it mate, if you bought it new then it's Renault's problem.

I'm in bathgate btw mate, bit of a treck right enough but gauranted a good job mate.

Barge
I wouldn't touch that either, I'd just send those pics to RUK and go into your dealer - if you've not already been in.

Better than yours. C*nt.
As everyone and Seedster said, it's Renault's problem. Take it back and leave it with them until it's right!

clio 200
car wasnt bought from the renault dealer im dealing with came from arnold clark in dumfries

renault told me that if its been painted since it left the factory, then its not their responsibility, its whoever painted it?

so going to go back in this week, and go to arnold clark

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You're lucky it's not an older car, hopefully they don't palm you off to each other because someone should be paying for it and it shouldn't be you!

Barge
car wasnt bought from the renault dealer im dealing with came from arnold clark in dumfries

renault told me that if its been painted since it left the factory, then its not their responsibility, its whoever painted it?

so going to go back in this week, and go to arnold clark

So do you know if it's already been painted? If so, yes the paint warranty will lie with whoever repaired it. If it hasn't been painted then its Renault's problem. They'll take it to a bodyshop and check for overspray, etc. and if that's the case, speak to Arnold Clark - who Renault UK should be able bollock anyway.

clio 200
yeah it has been painted, really hard to notice unless u know wat ur looking for

na trust me i wont be paying for it, be going thru a showroom window b4 that lol

Barge
Bummer mate. Well either Arnold Clark had it repaired when it was delivered to them (didn't you have to wait a while to collect it?) or the shipping people got it repaired. Either way it's not on and they should've told you, in which case I'd have probably point blank refused to take the car.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It will have been painted at the docks, trust me. If your not allready, sign up to Renaultsport.co.uk. There was a Meggy R26 that was damaged in transit (remember they come on a big boat!). Got repaired at the docks, guy picked up the car, didnt noticed it was missing a sticker on the door. Never thought anything of it, took it away. Then whilst cleaning it few weeks later found overspray on the inner wheelarch trim. Kicked off big time, massive thread on it!

clio 200
well i went to renault today as it was dry and my car was clean

the guy from renault when looked at it as close as i did noticed it was painted. said he couldnt put the warranty claim through as it would just get knocked back

said he has washed his hands of it and i have to take it to back arnold clark and let them deal with it.if they think it should get done under warranty grt them to take it too their renault branch in paisley and let them put the warranty claim through

:mad: doing my head in, so arnold clark tomorrow see wat they say? any more grief ther'll be an evo x on the ive soon i think

i doesnt bother me the fact the car has been painted its not always a bad thing, just when its been done by some clown

Barge
It's not Renault's fault. It left the factory fine as far as their concerned. The minute something is touched by someone else it's void. That paint isn't their paint, they're well within their rights to advise you as they have.

You need to take it up with Arnold Clark - speak to the person you dealt with when purchasing it at the dealers. The quicker the better, as they could say you've done it. They're likely to know if it's been damaged. Or they'll need to tell you who their import company was, etc.

clio 200
yeah i agree the guy at renault, but worth seeing if they were up for sorting it

yeah my m8 works at the arnold clark i got it from so hopefully he will be able to help push things thru for me

Barge
It'll never, ever, be warranty. But it'll get sorted out of either their pocket, or they'll find out - or should be able to with a bit of pressure - what happened to it and who resprayed it. As the warranty lies with that company really.

clio 200
no idea to either of ur questions m8

i got the car new after it had been a show room car,so must have been painted b4 that or something happened when arnold clark had it

Barge
Yeah, that's what I'm saying, AC (with a little bit of pressure on the transporters - if it was their fault) should be able to find out what happened to it. Or at least have the decency to tell you if something happened to it whilst in their showroom.

Ring them/see them tomorrow and let us know the outcome. I'll try and help all I can with advice, etc. on getting them to do something about it for you.

clio 200
yeah phone AC first thing and nip down see them after work.

see what they say about it, and see where i go from there.cheers for the help m8

gary, mine is to go to parks in ek to be inspected due to issues with my 200's paintwork, i have been getting shite from parks and ruk but ended up e-mailing guy on renaultsport website david who has got matter moving, would suggest doing same

Barge
Precisely. If you get nowhere with AC, do as Aly says - go over their heads to someone higher. Become a pain in the neck for them, they'll do all they can to get rid of you.

clio 200
wats up with ur 200 aly? which parks? ayr or deghorn?

yeah thats the plan if AC dont get anywhere fast ill contact renault uk

i got albi blue, its a swirl bus tbh, light scratching over front bumper, uneven paint on front bumper with speckles of primer showing through.

main issue is passenger door, starting at passenger wing over door you can see in bright light its had a going over with say a rotary polisher, i have been asking why has a new car been done with a rotary polisher and badly but no one will admit to doing any work on car.

it was parks in ayr

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Hope all goes well tomorrow with AC. I think you should also be due a little compensation for the hassle, document the trips and how much you think it's devalued a spanking new car (on letter headed Paint shop paper) ;)

Good luck!

clio 200
lol hope so too.

maybe just scratched or something m8,had to polish it out my st500 was the same

how u liking the 200 m8

the 200 for me is the most fuel efficient car ever owned, filled it up full tank 6 weeks ago and still got a full tank...admittedly it hasnt moved in 5 weeks