ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Upgrades

Clio RS 200
Hi All,

After watching top gear, ive decided that i HAVE to look at modifying my 200. I need some help though please. I have had a look and a superchips remap seems to give the 200 and extra 12 bhp. Would this be noticible? Is it worth the £250?

I was also wondering what else I should look at and in what order?

Cams and Cylinder Heads seem to be regularly available; what kind of increaqses would i get from each of these and all three together?

What do you think would be needed to get 250bhp?

Thanks, G

Lionel Richie
superchips WILL NOT give 12bhp

TDF and RS Tuning - see them for mapping

250bhp - about £10K NA £4-5K boost

320d
F4R's are not the greatest engines to get cheap gains from. Either enjoy it for what it is or have deep pockets.

Clio RS 200
@ Fred= Have you got he websites? What kind of bhp will they give?

4-5k not so bad; where would you start with that though??

Nissan 350z
Hi All,

After watching top gear, ive decided that i HAVE to look at modifying my 200. I need some help though please. I have had a look and a superchips remap seems to give the 200 and extra 12 bhp. Would this be noticible? Is it worth the £250?

I was also wondering what else I should look at and in what order?

Cams and Cylinder Heads seem to be regularly available; what kind of increaqses would i get from each of these and all three together?

What do you think would be needed to get 250bhp?

Thanks, G

There someone on clio197.net that if i recall has had a Megane R26 engine and gearbox installed in his R27. Might be a cheaper route if you have a donor and can sell your engine/gearbox on?

[edit] Found the link. http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13073

Last edited:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
So a non serious car show that ripped the p*ss out of the 200 for the LOLZ, means you HAVE to go on a quest for 250bhp?

Why?

Save youself the money, and just enjoy the car as it is. Upping it to 250 bhp will still leave you wanting more...and TG would still say it's sh*t.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get it remapped to improve the drive of the car not the power mate.

Forget the power gains. Maybe a decent exhaust system to stop it sounding like a hairdryer?

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Im amazed people pay 250 smackers for 4hp (they will be lucky to get that too).
Wack some fuel in it and have a hol to the alps. A far better way to spend your cash.
Memories > crap mods

Megane RS 250
Full exhaust + remap will get you MAYBE 10 hp, and it won't be cheap...with a carbon intake you can probably reach 210 real hp.
With cams, head close to 220. Over that we're talking about racing engine and A LOT of cash.
Just keep it like it is, or replace it with a turbo car.

Clio RS 200
Im thinking though that a 250bhp clio would be alot more entertaining then a megane!!

Does the megane engine fit in the 200??

Megane 225 F1
Will a huge **** fit in a tight teen pussy?

Anything is possible with the correct money and knowledge.

Megane RS 250
If you want 250 hp in a small hatchback buy a Cooper S JCW or a DS3 Racing, downpipe, intercooler and a remap.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Same old comments about Changing cars etc

He wants to modify his Clio - that's why he started the thread.

If you can afford it mate I'd go for it. Not many high bhp 197/200s out there so would definitely stand out from the crowd.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not many high bhp 197/200s out there so would definitely stand out from the crowd.

There's a reason for that.

Oh and when you do get the power. You will sell it 4 weeks later. It's the done thing. Oh and it'll also spend more of it's time off the road than on it.

ALL IMO OF COURSE.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
There's a reason for that.

Oh and when you do get the power. You will sell it 4 weeks later. It's the done thing. Oh and it'll also spend more of it's time off the road than on it.

ALL IMO OF COURSE.

I'm glad not everyone on here thinks like that. It would make it a very boring site.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think you missed my point.

90% of largely modified engined 1*2's end up sold within months of it being finished. It's not just me that's noticed it mate.

We just try to advise and give opinion. The money is best spent elswhere and not 5k on Engine work that most buyers wouldn't touch when it comes to selling anyway.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just buy a Puma Racing.

Bestest car EVER. Actual factual fact

175% arch gap give 25bhp through the corners

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Blow me Skaterboi.

Most Clios are better than the Frp. I'm lucky enough not to have a biased chip on my shoulder.

I do have to agree with Gally on this.

New thread: "Clio finished!!!"
Week later: "Clio brok't"
Few weeks on: "Clio for sale"

Ive noticed this quite a few times. IMO it does seem a bit of a waste of cash, just for that extra power. Id rather spend it on a few mods, like exhaust coilovers etc, then be happy with it. They are quality cars as standard anyway.
Im getting the "mod bug" with mine, but im refusing to spend a ridiculous amount on it (although im not looking for increase in power anyway).

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
:rasp:

so why havent you bought a clio?
I could have bought 3 172's for the price of a decent Frp these days. The Trophy is better in 9/10 departments (not the 182/172) but it didn't give me that tingle in my balls the Frp gives.

megane 285 sport
Full exhaust + remap will get you MAYBE 10 hp, and it won't be cheap...with a carbon intake you can probably reach 210 real hp.
With cams, head close to 220. Over that we're talking about racing engine and A LOT of cash.
Just keep it like it is, or replace it with a turbo car.

carbon intakes will -20bhp+, keep standard airbox, never been a restricting factor

Clio RS 200
Same old comments about Changing cars etc

He wants to modify his Clio - that's why he started the thread.

If you can afford it mate I'd go for it. Not many high bhp 197/200s out there so would definitely stand out from the crowd.

Thank you! I dont want the every day stuff! I want a car that has been cutomed to my specific requirement! No or very little exterior evidence with a mad Engine.... a sleaper!

Clio RS 200
Just a quick update. I spoke to Superchips today and they havent been able to fully develop a remap for the 200. My car will be the develpment car! On the 27th of July it will go up, get a before and after dyno and be custom mapped. I will show you the results before they appear on their site!

I also had the development car for the 207 THP 150; that had impressive results!

He told me that Clio Sports run several hp higher on super then normal unleaded. :)

Clio 197
Manage your expectations.

Your pug was turbo'd, so much easier to get more power out of. What you will get with the Clio is probably just a few more horsepower than the 185-190 it is putting out at the moment, and hopefully a smoother curve. You need 99ron 97 won't make any difference.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I think you missed my point.

90% of largely modified engined 1*2's end up sold within months of it being finished. It's not just me that's noticed it mate.

We just try to advise and give opinion. The money is best spent elswhere and not 5k on Engine work that most buyers wouldn't touch when it comes to selling anyway.

let's just hope this dude is in the other 10%.

Turbo LY R27
Would be interesting in where you got it done/issues etc. LEt me know how it goes. :)

The kit is being developed by jamsport, I drove it Saturday, it's awesome!! But will be finished soon. Should be fine, no issues. Leeds_182, this car is never going, ive had it for nearly 4 years since new, not going nowhere ;)

Clio RS 200
The kit is being developed by jamsport, I drove it Saturday, it's awesome!! But will be finished soon. Should be fine, no issues. Leeds_182, this car is never going, ive had it for nearly 4 years since new, not going nowhere ;)

Excellent. Send me a PM letting me know of the bland price etc.

Has anyone developed a turbo kit for them yet?