ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 Versions?

Civic Type R
Morning All,

Just joined up as looking into purchasing a Clio 200 in the near future. I have been doing some research and the reviews seem good all round.

However I am still a little confused on the different versions of the cup? Can anyone point me to a list of differences so I can begin the hunt for my preferred version?

Thank you
:)

Golf 7R
Don't get the version with the broken gearbox and laughable MPG figure.

HTH

Oh, and welcome.

Last edited:
  Civic Type R
Thank you for the list..explains exactly what I wanted to know.

What is the average MPG with the 200 then? I wasn't going to take notice of the quoted 34 but is it drastically different then?

34...jokers.

I was averaging less than 300 miles to a tank and that was motorway driving. They are horrendous on fuel, I sold mines 2 months after I got it as it cost too much in petrol.

Listerine & Poledo
A heavy car with a low-torque 200hp 2-litre motor is never going to be an economic choice.

Golf 7R
34?

I owned my 200 for a year and never see it above 27, and that's wasn't wringing the neck out of it either.

It's just not fast enough to justify the MPG imo.

There will also be people along shortly telling you that they often average 35+ i'm sure, but they're kidding themselves.

Don't let that put you off though, as in the right hands they're awesome machines!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Not sure how different my driving is but I average 33MPG on motorways and A/B roads. I may not be going at warp speed and seeing the green light every gear change but I'm still overtaking cars going at 40/50mph.

Golf 7R
Oh, and I had my gearbox replaced in the first 6 months, along with several other people I know.

Warranty covered though, so just hope it goes within the first 3 years, unless you find a good one.

Civic Type R
So average of 30 mpg is difficult to obtain then? lol I assume the 197 is not much better in that respect?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
For reference in city driving I average 26MPG and that is driving gently.

Golf 7R
The 197 I had was even worse.

If you don't mind living at the petrol station then go for it. What's your CTR average?

Civic Type R
Using an online calculator for MPG. It says that I am averaging 31.1 in my CTR.

From the sounds of it I am better off with the CTR lol

Seat Leon FR.

Don't know why the f**k I bought the 200 with the mileage I was doing at the time.

I'd defo get another though!

Golf 7R
Using an online calculator for MPG. It says that I am averaging 31.1 in my CTR.

From the sounds of it I am better off with the CTR lol

Seriously, if you find a good one with a decent spec, I'm sure you wouldn't be dissapointed, especially at how capable it is on a track.

The ride is pretty hard on the Cup pack, but the grip and handling is nothing short of superb!

Last edited:
  Civic Type R
Well thank you all for the detail. I plan on going to test drive one in the next couple of weeks. I will probably line up another few suitable choices and then compare to the Clio.

One last thing...do the 200's not have Xenon headlights? I didn't see it noted down but have read that the 197 does.

Xenons werent an option on the 200.

Also when you test drive make sure you ring its neck and you won't be disappointed ;)

Civic Type R
Okay thanks for clarifying. I plan on pushing it to see what the car is actually like...just hope the dealer isn't a pain. I was able to VTEC the CTR so hopefully won't be a problem.

Now to work out what other cars are in this bracket and go test drive a few :approve:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I regularly get 420-450 miles from the tank of my 200 Cup driving without trying to be economical, it's mostly lead footed people who do short distances or stop start that seem unable to get the stated figures.

My miles are mostly motorway and mountain, the trip computer in mine under reads by 2mpg, I always use SUL and ran it in properly like the instructions from Renault.

In 10k miles it used 600ml of oil.

Mines was motorway driving. Also being the middle of winter it was impossible to drive with a lead foot. I still failed to see more than 300 per tank.

You seem to be the only person with a 200 that thinks they are good on fuel.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I get the exact same figures from my tank as KMB. I think it's just lots of forward planning so you don't have to brake too much.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I average around 30 ish. The guys with low figures are users who do short start/stop journeys, sat in traffic. Mainly use mine on a 40 mile round trip on free flowing A/B roads

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
Mines was motorway driving. Also being the middle of winter it was impossible to drive with a lead foot. I still failed to see more than 300 per tank.

You seem to be the only person with a 200 that thinks they are good on fuel.

Or one of the only ones that bothers correcting the many people who fail to accept that the 200 generally reaches the tested combined figure (what a surprise when you see how many tests are performed to reach that number). Easy, providing you don't drive everywhere in low gears at max revs. My figures are normal driving with the occasional spirited jaunt to the redline beep.

:clap:

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I reckon it's all down to buying the faster, lighter Cup model, especially with the ultra lightweight Recaro seats option :bump: