ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 wont start

LY 200 cup full fat
Just reversing car into drive today and engine cut out wont start its the same thing that happened a couple of months ago,That was cured when i replaced the crank sensor and its been fine since,I had the os driveshaft replaced on Friday but cant see it being related to that,What are the signs of a faullty fuel pump.

LY 200 cup full fat
yes engine turning over just not firing now strg lock is engaging plus i can hear maybe the pump priming or a relay tripping its hard to tell

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
If it’s turning over, it rules out the starter or battery.

Why did you replace the crank sensor? Was it damaged?

LY 200 cup full fat
yes changed crank sensor as it would not start that was in may and its been fine ever since,Battery has also been replaced less than a year ago.it was all working ok then nothing no warning lights or engine management lights on at all

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
The only reason I ask, is the clutch cover can fall apart and take the sensor out.

If it’s still turning over, then your battery and starter must be ok.
The cheapest/quickest thing to do would be to start working through the fuses/relays.
Check the main fuses on the block on the positive battery terminal

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
I can’t hear the pump priming on either of my Mk3’s.
So I wouldn’t fixate on that being the issue.

Check the things which cost nothing to check before delving deeper imo

LY 200 cup full fat
sorted after checking fuses,relays etc i decided to replace the cranksensor as it was the same symptems as before.than the engine started so a faulty genuine renault crank sensor was the fault so all is good again thanks for your replys on this guys appreciated.