ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200 yes or no? opinions?

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
So because the insurance system in the UK is so clever that a 1.2 clio costs me like £3000 to insure but a Clio 200 is £1000 I am getting a 200 in a couple of months time (when my NCB hits 2 years).

Anyway thoughts on the 200's?
Love @G8RSH 200 looks stunning.

Whats fuel like?
Do about 5 miles each way a day town driving then some dual carriage ways, and then the odd motorway journey on the weekend say 160 miles a week. Hopefully this isn't bad for the car my 1.2 warms up within 1.5 miles into journey and with the spirited driving I hope to do in the 200 it should hopefully warm up before I get to work.

I expect the build quality to be poor, but coming from a 2003 1.2 which I built up myself I can expect it to be much better ahah!

Any who would like a test drive but can't seem to find any place that would allow me to test drive unless I am actually buying the car or over 25+ anyone know places or can give me a ride in one ;)?

Cheers!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
120ish miles a week costs me £30 at 25-27mpg

Have a look at the guide stickied at the top of the clio discussion thread for the different 197/200 models and specs.

Build quality is miles ahead of the mk2

But the cup chassis and recaros (must have imo) take some getting used to. They are very, very stiff.

The kangarooing and flat spots are annoying as hell and the mpg is s**t for the performance.

But once you've got it moving they're brilliant fun. Brilliant pedal placement for fancy footwork, the lift off oversteer is very controllable and adjustable on the throttle and they eat up almost every corner you throw at them.

If I was closer I'd take you out.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks fellas! I have coilovers now so I am used to a hard ride.
And, no bicycle for me has I live up hill and f*k coming back up the hill especially in this lovely summer weather we are having (...........rain)

Renault Clio 182 BG
Personally for me its Mk2's all the way, the 200's just seem to lack the character. Agreed with above, build quality is miles better but i dont know their just not for me.
Did you ask your insurance why so much price difference? Thats mental!

Cropper

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Sport 200T
Get yourself a Full Fat 200 mate with the cup package! Sounds silly as it's obviously a drivers car but Bluetooth and cruise control really do make it a bit more special in my opinion! I've had mine 7 months and still love just getting in it and going for a drive to nowhere

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Personally for me its Mk2's all the way, the 200's just seem to lack the character. Agreed with above, build quality is miles better but i dont know their just not for me.
Did you ask your insurance why so much price difference? Thats mental!
I originally wanted an MK2 182 but the insurance was touching £5000 so thats was a no and I already have a mk2 non sport with all the sport accessories bar the body kit. So having to of the same would not be boring but not as exciting.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Get yourself a Full Fat 200 mate with the cup package! Sounds silly as it's obviously a drivers car but Bluetooth and cruise control really do make it a bit more special in my opinion! I've had mine 7 months and still love just getting in it and going for a drive to nowhere
Yeah man looking for one with everything, dont mind if I dont get recaros as I can always put them in later if I really wanted to but sat nav and cruise are definately on the cards! Really want to put an ipad dash in the centre console ;)

AG 200 CUP
Do it! love mine fuel is pap but you can't buy a car like this and be worrying about how much fuel your going to go through

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I do miss thundering in to bends in the 200. The abarth has nothing on it in the bends at all.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
I originally wanted an MK2 182 but the insurance was touching £5000 so thats was a no and I already have a mk2 non sport with all the sport accessories bar the body kit. So having to of the same would not be boring but not as exciting.

Where are you getting your quotes from 5k for a 182?!

The 200 is a brilliant car feels like a go kart when I drive one.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
1. Spirited driving on your way to work
2. With a cold engine

Not the best combination.
It should warm up before I hit the dual carriage way then its blast down to work! and I have to pick my mate up from the train station, usually end up waiting 10 minutes while the cars on.

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
without going out on weekends I'd say my mileage a week is 90 miles (one 40 mile round trip to another site for work once a week) I will make this car run on £20 a week lol. Fuel is going to be a real shocker but the price to pay I guess.