ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 200

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST200
I like the white on white. I considered that one before buying my UR.

Looks sound as a pound. Also listen out for 'gear train' noise when off the throttle. Kind of like a light scraping sound. That will be the bearings in the gearbox falling apart. That's what happened to my PW one. Luckily it was in warranty.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Hum- top whack for a low spec car.

no recaros. = Pauper spec.

so many better examples out there.

S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  AG 200 cup
Not normally a fan of white cars but white on white is surprisingly nice, where in Wigan are you from?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RB 182 195bhp
I think if your spending that kind of money on a car you want it to be the best you can get. IMO hold out for one with recaro's as i think it makes the interior, and it'll be easier to sell in the future

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  GT 86
I think if your spending that kind of money on a car you want it to be the best you can get. IMO hold out for one with recaro's as i think it makes the interior, and it'll be easier to sell in the future

From appearances this looks like the ff with cup pack,(does seem a tad overpriced).
I wouldnt be that arsed about recaros those seats are comfortable and do the job (in my opinion) people get far to hung up over recaro this recaro that at the end of the day its a Clio not some super performance car.So I really dont see how "it'll be easier to sell in the future" comes in to it. Go look at it , test drive it and if you like it buy it.

If I was looking at spending that type of money though I wouldnt be going for a Clio again Id be looking for something else in all honesty.

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E92 325D
Defo Full fat version with cup chassis.

No bluetooth headunit nor ipod control (fail)

Seats are perfectly adequate. I love my recaros but i never test drove a clio without them so didnt expect the standard seats to be much cop....until recently.

Standard sagging glovebox i see.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
The standard seats are lovely & comfortable but so is my nans Sofa- dont really want that in the front of my car either-

S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  GT 86
[h=2]I think I would have something like this though instead in hindsight over my clio if I was buying now[/h]2009 09 Reg Ford Focus 2.5 ST-2 3DR, 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 32,315 miles, Metallic Panther, 09 PLATE ST2 3DR COMPLETE WITH AN MOUNTUNE MP260 UPGRADE. FORD AND INSURANCE APPROVED COSTS 1300 WHEN FITTED. ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Headlight washers, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Alarm, Cloth seat trim. Insurance Group:17, 512, £11,495p/x welcome

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio RS200
I would have thought that the handling would have been more important than the seats tbh. Nice to spend 10k and get told its pauper spec. Maybe I should sell mine and get 3 182's or 4 172's, does that still count as pauper'ish?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  GT 86
Golf ed30 would get my vote....but thats another story. If the OP wants a 200, he can buy a 200

He certainly can ;) at the end of the day its his wedge he's spending. Only offering my own personal opinion, I wouldnt buy one again. Had 2 that's enough.

Any way enough car stuff, going fishing now :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would have thought that the handling would have been more important than the seats tbh. Nice to spend 10k and get told its pauper spec. Maybe I should sell mine and get 3 182's or 4 172's, does that still count as pauper'ish?

Make sure you get the ff 182 specced with the cup chassis and cup spoiler

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
27   0   0
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
This is an advise thread not im pi$$ed off with my spec thread-

The bottom line is I would say 95% ( at least ) of people looking to spend 10k on a clio 200 fit into a bracket where they want the highest spec possible for their money, best colour, lowest mileage & so on.
Why compromise?

Of course there is demand for non recaro models, however it is low & makes shifting it harder so naturally when it comes to selling it on pro rata it will be cheaper.

If the OP is happy to drive without the need for the recaros then thats not the end of the world, but should be aware that price wise theres a lot more leverage against these cars without spec.

Is the fact that its got cup chassis acceptable enough V 10k non recaros. NO.

Your looking at 8.5k to buy a 200 without recaros, 10k buys you one with-

Or of course you can spend 8.5k then retro fit the seats- they usually come up at 1k.
Im sure the OP will make an informed decision whatever suits their needs, if that doesnt include recaros then dont pay through the nose for it.

S

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio
I think I would have something like this though instead in hindsight over my clio if I was buying now

2009 09 Reg Ford Focus 2.5 ST-2 3DR, 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 32,315 miles, Metallic Panther, 09 PLATE ST2 3DR COMPLETE WITH AN MOUNTUNE MP260 UPGRADE. FORD AND INSURANCE APPROVED COSTS 1300 WHEN FITTED. ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Headlight washers, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Alarm, Cloth seat trim. Insurance Group:17, 512, £11,495p/x welcome

But they're s**t.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read through all the comments and I gather the model I was interested in was overpriced. Not to sure if I'm bothered about the seats tbh.
Just had a sit in a 09 st-2 and I rather liked it. Was boxed in in the forecourt so couldn't take it for a test drive there and then. It's on 47k miles which is a bit too high for me personally, but was priced at £9995

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the fact that its got cup chassis acceptable enough V 10k non recaros. NO.

Your looking at 8.5k to buy a 200 without recaros, 10k buys you one with-

Or of course you can spend 8.5k then retro fit the seats- they usually come up at 1k.
Im sure the OP will make an informed decision whatever suits their needs, if that doesnt include recaros then dont pay through the nose for it.

S

Thanks for the info I had no idea what spec=price wise I should be looking to pay

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  work for BMW
if i ever bought a 200 i would not even consider any without recaros or any of the other high spec options, whats the point??