ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 220 Phase 2 and Phase differences?

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Alright lads and lasses.
Friend of mine is considering a 220 Trophy. Can anybody tell me what are the differences between phase 1 and 2. Obviously the exterior and some interior is different, wasn't sure about any technical differences mainly thinking gearbox?

Cheers

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
From the top of my head:
The PH1's are numbered
PH2 has different alloys
Interior tweaks (gearstick different)
Exterior tweaks (RS lighting added, removal of trophy stickers from front blade)

The press releases are usually a good source of information:

You'll get around 28 mpg average, they are not the most frugal cars.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I average 35mpg pottering about in auto normal mode, push on and it soon drops sub 30mpg.

Facelift interior is a bit nicer with the different centre console and nicer air vents etc, led lighting inside and led lights outside make a massive difference when driving at night.

They are apparently ment to be identical mechanically although I beleive the cat/downpipe is different?

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Ph1 has the option of nicer trophy seats.

8d7581ee994c46f51a4d2573a6fd137e.jpg

Akrapovic exhaust was an option on ph2 cars

30ec607189f661b8907f82616c7615b6.jpg

I’m sure there are some other differences but they are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
Cheers lads, appreciate the info.
Tempted to have a test drive myself, my Cup-s is rather thirsty!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I get about 35mpg pottering about on my 50 mile motorway commute

If I take the van instead and just use the 220 blasting about locally it drops sub 30 very quickly

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I've been tracking mine at the pump since I got it and I'm averaging 28.5 - mix of motorway and about the doors. 35 is the highest I've seen it across the tank, lowest 24.

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
I've been tracking mine at the pump since I got it and I'm averaging 28.5 - mix of motorway and about the doors. 35 is the highest I've seen it across the tank, lowest 24.
Do you live near South Shields/Gateshead way, seen a LY 220 round here a few times. Looks class!

Paddy80

ClioSport Club Member
  RS 275 Cup-S
I do indeed ! there is 2 of us though local to shields (That I'm aware of) I'm the one without the private plate :)
Had a bit fun with one of you guys in my Black Cup-s! Once heading towards Shields on the a194 and another time heading towards the A1 on the a194, those Trophys definitely get a move on!
We should have a mini-meet sometime, sure Brigs44 would appreciate that!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Had a bit fun with one of you guys in my Black Cup-s! Once heading towards Shields on the a194 and another time heading towards the A1 on the a194, those Trophys definitely get a move on!
We should have a mini-meet sometime, sure Brigs44 would appreciate that!
I think that may have been me ha I've seen 2 Megs and a 225 on those roads, the 225 was about even but the others walked away rather quickly :) I'll keep an eye out for you !