ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 3 RS200 headlamp bulb replacement...

Clio RS200 Cup
... is it possible for a mere mortal?

I know by experience that manufacturers of cars these days are forced (by the stylists) into designing under-bonnet 'packaging' that could mean driving (illegally) to a Dealer, pleading for help and paying through the nose?

As a new member on this forum I am hoping for preferential assistance.. ;)

PS: I think I have posted in the wrong place here, sorry..

Clio RS200 Cup
Hi RS12, welcome to ClioSport! :)

Thanks Brian... are you able to relocate this post where best it might be dealt with, or, is all well where it is?

Changing 2 bulbs on a Clio 3 RS200 is going to be a right old pain isn't it... ?

clio 197, 1992 mini
I had a bulb go on mine the other day you have to remove the front bumper and then remove the headlight to change the bulb hope that helps, welcome

2007 clio dynamique
No need to remove the bumper you can change them with it on, they are fiddly but you will get there in the end

GTD, Lupo
It is possible, two ways in which you can do it. The first is via the engine bay but can rip you hands to shreds when you come to do the passenger side. The other is to go in through the wheel arches, you will need to be skinny to do this.

Where do you live? More than happy to help out if needed. If all fails bumper off/on is only an hour job otherwise.

Clio RS200 Cup
No need to remove the bumper you can change them with it on, they are fiddly but you will get there in the end

Thanks very much for the offer Gorms but I am in Beds/Herts... seems it's probably not a roadside job then, I will take a look and then attempt to decide the best route.

Halfords..?

Maybe the EU needs to draft yet another directive... all very well requiring spare bulbs to be carried in parts of Europe when.. blah blah blah?!

GTD, Lupo
I have heard if the car is still in warranty Renault will do it for free. Will try and dig it up!

Clio RS200 Cup
I have heard if the car is still in warranty Renault will do it for free. Will try and dig it up!

Mine is under warranty, I read about that somewhere too, but if a bulb (or, most unlikely 2) fails, not sure they would do that for free just because I wish to upgrade to better bulbs?

Mind you, if they sell such bulbs (at a premium price) - perhaps they might offer to fit them free... past experience with main dealers suggests to me that they won't, will they?