ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 Dynamique vs Dynamique S difference?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mrs wants one for her new car - looking at a couple of years old ish so 2014 onwards.

Unless I'm being thick I can't see what makes one an S and the other not an S?

Help!

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
The S has climate control, central armrest, rear electric windows. Exterior 17" inch alloys, rear parking sensors,chrome window surround, black gloss door mirrors. @Daz

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
precisely as above, ive got a 14 plate and a 66 plate one, both 1.5 DCi. If possible its really worth looking for a 66 (possibly a 16 too) as they get MediaNav evolution over media nav and its night and day, both in the responsiveness of the screen, DAB as standard, much better sound quality (the older ones are unacceptable imo) and you can also stream music via Bluetooth without skips and pops!

later ones also get a much nicer interior without all the gloss black plastics, red dials over the yellow and all the cheap plastic shiny chrome is replaced with aluminium look stuff.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ahh didn't know about the electric windows.

The issue is looking at a 16/66 I can get a 13/14 with with the same mileage for easily 3k less!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh didn't know about the electric windows.

The issue is looking at a 16/66 I can get a 13/14 with with the same mileage for easily 3k less!

its worth weighing up your options, a £3k saving is obviously fantastic but for me the extra money for the media nav evo alone was worth it, it was my one requirement as the medianav system is truly that bad!! I thought the sound quality in my 182 trophy was poor but jesus ive never heard anything like it, and the touch screen is so unresponsive and poor, ours failed and was replaced and the new unit was just as bad. Bluetooth is useless in it too. Evolution sorts all of these out and its fanstastic! the way it should have been. - it may however be able to be retro fitted!

the nicer interior is a nicety but not worth the extra cash.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I could never justify another 3-4k for a stereo system!

Reactions: DrR
  Leon Cupra 300
My lass has a 15reg Dynamique S 0.9 Turbo. It's a great car.

The S also gets you keyless entry/go which is useful.

Leon Cupra 300
I also find the Medianav fine, I've heard of quality issues if you're trying to stream via Bluetooth but if you're listening to the radio or iPhone plugged in etc it sounds good.

It can be a bit slow to respond when you first turn it on but it's literally no issue at all, and if someone said I could upgrade it to the new one tomorrow for £100 I'd not bother.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I could never justify another 3-4k for a stereo system!
depends on what you look for in a car, I loved the mk4 clio was a nice step up over the mk3 in refinement, build quality, 5 doors was ideal but after using my mrs one a few times the stereo/medianav was just a deal breaker for me, Renault now offer a FOCAL upgrade for it that adds an amplifier, sub and all 4 drivers/2 tweeters replaced but its expensive and still has the flawed MediaNav unit. As soon as I tested medianav evolution I bought one as for me it was the cars main flaw rectified! the only other flaw is the long gearing but DCi 110/6 speed addresses that! - ours runs Bluefin and that gives it the torque to make the gearing feel ok!

however my mrs finds the stereo fine and doesn't get what I'm complaining about with the medianav, after using mine she realised its a lot better but it still doesn't bother her. just depends what you look for.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mine genuinely won't give a s**t how it sounds!

Where did you get the bluefin from?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just to close this off we got a 15 plate Dynamic S EDC in Oyster Grey.

I'm genuinely impressed by it, so much so that I actually quite fancy keeping it for myself! It's done 14,000 miles and I CANNOT find a mark or an issue with it.

I love the autobox, trying one with EDC was just because it was there at the time and not really had been on the list but after trying it the manual felt w**k, like you say the gearing was all wrong but the auto solves that and the wife loves it, she's never had an auto before but doesn't want to go back now.

So yeah, I think I'm getting old as I haven't touched my Megane since we got this.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
They're both Getrag boxes - The RS code is 4004, the DCI box is 4005, might share the same casing possibly?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'm assuming that none of the mk4's have one touch electric windows on the passenger side?!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Right next silly question - where is the oval plate supposed to be? I.e the one with all the trim level and paint details?
I can only find the vin decal which is on the inside of the rear door on the drivers side, there is the backing of a decal on the inside of the drivers door but it's lost it's text - if this is it I won't be happy!

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
The one on the drivers door is just tyre pressures and vehicle fitted with exhaust particle filter. The paint code is on the rear door sticker with vin code. Not sure on trim code though. There is also another sticker on the middle door pillar which gives the model and variant as well as the vin number again. @Daz.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Yeah but that's not the oval plate, that's the id plate.
The vin plate/weight id is in the rear door shut but I can't seem to see the trim codes/ feature codes. It was dark when I was looking but it should be actually attached to the vin/weight plate - or every Renault I've seen has so far.