ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 rear drum brakes really rusty

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
My wife has a 2018 Clio dci with rear drum brakes. They look really rusty so I want to have a go at removing them, dipping them in deox c and then spraying them with enamel spray.
20240826_132523.jpg

20240826_132518.jpg

Is it pretty easy to remove the outer drum? Is there any reason why dipping them in Deox-C or citric acid isn't a good idea?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
If these drums are similar to mk2 they might have the bearing pressed in, so acid dip will wash all the grease out if that is the case.

Id just wire wheel them and prime/paint in situ. Hour a side, will look better than current.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above, just clean up and paint. My wifes were the same on her mk4's and mk5's i used to stick it in and get the dealer to sort it under warranty!, the facelift
5s now all have discs at the rear so thats solved that!

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
For the time it would take cleaning them, I’d just buy new and paint them personally

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Personally the corrosion on the alloys would bother me more! But as others have said, paint the brakes in situ.