ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 4 To be 5 door only

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I think Renault may regret not making 3 door, I doubt the clios target market is traditionally the 'family' customer, more the young 'single' customer.

With the choice of hot hatch on the Market now days people are spoilt for choice, 500 abarth, citroen DS3, Mini coopers and the new fiesta (which looks great).

On a side note, not keen on the Twingo, I wonder if Renault have given up on the 3 door Clio in the hope of boosting Twingo sales?

The twingo needs the panel with the spot lights on painting black and a Beret popping on the roof for the stereo typical French look ;)

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Saw a snippet of the new Suzuki Swift Sport (not much of a change to the old one tbh!) in evo magazine this month.
I know it's not a "hot" hatch but boy is it a looker. Wonderful car to drive too apparently. Engine/gearbox/handling/build, the lot nailed - baby Type R.
May see a few more sales me thinks?

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Twingo would be stunning without those spots.
some one has done a nice paint mock up

Renault-1391111530563761600x1060.jpg

Renault-1391111530563761600x1060.jpg

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
1.6t & 6 speed box in the twingo would be nice. Isn't the chassis based on the mk2 clio anyway?

People seem to be forgetting it's a Renault first, renaultsport second. I can see why they've done it, majority of clios I see on the road are 5 doors, and I see plenty at people's houses which are used as the second family car, so Renault are targeting the people who buy them new, not the people who buy in 3 years time after they are worth tuppence halfpenny.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
No matter what we all say on here, if they have decided its getting 5 doors, then its getting 5 doors. live with it.

also that twingo looks ALOT better than the first one. with or without the spots. although it would look better with just normal headlights like the edited image ^

SG9 Forester STi
I cannot see how anyone would think that Twingo looks better than the original, honestly can't. Anyway that was for another thread.

As far as the clio goes it would seem that it's losing the Renault Sport charm as is with all the others but I guess I will reserve full judgement for when I see it.

Mini Cooper S sport
The only way to redeem themselves for having five doors is to make it very good-looking, and based on what they did with the 200 I'd say that's unlikely.

That 'shop of the Twingo looks so much better, they really need to sack Stevie Wonder from their design team.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i dont understand what renault are think atm.

they have ruined the twingo and now a more door RS Clio?

are they trying to lose sales or what?

wake up renault and get your act together

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
What they lose in sales from not having a 3 door they'll make up for by not having to design, develop and tool for a 3 door.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
IMO I don't think that the latest RS will be as popular. I honestly think sales will plummet if they go ahead with the more door plan.we were looking at buying a new twingo 133 and that idea has now gone out of the window because of the gash new front end.

If the new RS Clio is a more door then I can see me moving from Renault sports altogether tbh.

182, 6r GTi
moving more and more away from what a rs clio should be, whell thats stupid. not making a 3door is cutting out allot of there sales to younger people n lets face it allot of young people buy them.