ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Renaultsport 200 announced

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Not if you pay mates rates @ the Kevs it wont ;)

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Whole front end is is a mess imo.....

It wouldnt have taken much to remould the wings, so you dont have that nasty cut off where they meet the new bumper, shocking imo

It wouldnt have taken much to remould the wings, so you dont have that nasty cut off where they meet the new bumper, shocking imo

Have to agree... Looks like an halfar$ed face lift, I don't think Renault will be selling many.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
The QC looks shocking in that GT pic, doesnt even seem to fit flush with the arch lip....

Renaultsport Clio 197
that's how it's supposed to be...don't know why so don't ask.

HONESTLY, the GT front looks better then the 200s..and that's just sad

renault_clio_gt27464_x.jpg

i was wondering could a bodyshop mold/sofen the front at the lights i did also think about filling the rear spliters lights in id think

;) then the gt wouldnt look to bad

before

after

blegh
renault_clio_gt27478_x.jpg

its not even got a gt spolier :(

Last edited:
I quite like the little step in the headlamp line. It's meant to be there. It's part of the styling.

:dead: i hate it but ive a feeling im going to end up buying one purely as its going to offer the kit i want an performance i desire

from what ive read the frogs arent keen on it either

Last edited:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I quite like the little step in the headlamp line. It's meant to be there. It's part of the styling.

I know, but to me it looks clumsy. With having a mk3, its plain to see its the old wing, just think it could have been cleaned up somewhat?

It looks abit like an old kia or sanchog or something....

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i was wondering could a bodyshop mold/sofen the front at the lights i did also think about filling the rear spliters lights in id think

;) then the gt wouldnt look to bad

renault_clio_gt27478_x.jpg

its not even got a gt spolier :(

^^^ - isn't that just a four-door Clio, though? Please don't tell me that that is supposed to be a special model? FFS. :S

D.

impreza sti prodrive
all that clio has got is an optional extra styling kit. my mams current shape clio has it on.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
SX kit you mean?

Thats a GT, which iirc, has the RS twingo lump. Sort of warmish Clio

Headlights, badge position and black strip above the number plate looks the same!

That kermit green 200 does nothing for me, looks like a cheap rental car!? :S

Clio 182 FF Cup
NEW RENAULT SPORT CLIO 200!

i posted in the new clio thread but thought id start one just for the Clio RS 200.

overview.jpg

Since 2000, the successive versions of Clio Renaultsport have led to it to become the best-selling hot hatch of its class, with worldwide sales totalling more than 70,000 cars.

Now, at the Geneva Motor Show, Renault unveils the latest version, Clio Renaultsport 200.

Featuring a new look for 2009, new equipment and a wide choice of personalisation, the Clio Renaultsport 200 will continue be the hot hatch by which others are judged.

Outside, you’ll instantly spot new alloy wheels. The new, more aggressive front end incorporates an F1-type aerodynamic splitter to improve the aerodynamic performance. At the rear, the twin exhausts are made more visible within the new rear diffuser. The Renault i.d. range of personalisation has been increased with a choice of Gloss Black or Anthracite available for the centre section of the front bumper, front splitter, door mirrors and rear diffuser.

Three new colours are available including Mercury, the return of the pearlescent Liquid Yellow and a brand new colour that’ll certainly stand out from the crowd, Alien Green.

Inside the perforated leather steering wheel features visible stitching and a yellow centre-point marker. The rev-counter is now in yellow and includes an audible and visible Formula 1-style gearshift indicator to help optimise gear changes.

Renault i.d. personalisation extends to customers having a choice of Mercury, Yellow or Anthracite for the seat belts and fascia mouldings. Customers can also choose Anthracite or Yellow highlights for the seats.

The Clio Renaultsport’s naturally aspirated 2.0 litre engine with variable valve timing has been revised to provide an increase of 3hp and yet a reduction in CO2 and a boost to fuel economy. The first, second and third gear ratios have all been shortened.

The standard suspension settings for the Clio Renaultsport 200 have been revised to improve the ride comfort. The Cup chassis is now stiffer and now has a 7.5% quicker steering rack to provide an even faster turn-in.

New equipment is available, including the Renault Integrated TomTom, plus a new ‘Sound Pack’ option offering improved audio quality and greater connectivity.

The Clio Renaultsport 200 Cup and Clio Renaultsport 200 go on sale in May.

imagegallery08540x303_Gallery.jpg

imagegallery09540x303_Gallery.jpg

imagegallery28540x303_Gallery.jpg

vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TumIgWq2uA0

Last edited by a moderator:
  Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Clio GT

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k0K7e393y40&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k0K7e393y40&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Another thing i hate, is when seen flat side on how far back the front wheel sits now the front end sticks out another ten foot.... not flattering at all?

Ian

Focus TDCi
+1 i think the backend looks pretty good :)

Gonna be another case of people fitting ph2 rear ends to their ph1s lol. Still not feeling the 200, but gonna see what it looks like in the metal first. Didn't like photos of the new Mégane, but that looks alright on the road.