ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio and other £8k options

Been out this afternoon on a spree to the dealers with my mum. My parents are downsizing their 2nd car (Volvo S40 decked out with leather etc) as they dont need a large 2nd car any more and they need to insure my 18 year old brother on a car! (they dont want him to have his own older car like myself and my other brother did, but as compensation hell get the use of a new car). Just wondering what people thought really about the options. Theyve got £8k to blow.

206: Not the choice on paper, but attractive in the showroom and theres a good deal on an "Envy" 1.4 with CD, fogs, electrics, met paint and a decent interior for £8.5k (before the bargaining starts ;)). Sub-standard plastics, but nice to sit in and looks good. Well screwed together.

C2: Crud quality - bits fell off the showroom models. Cheap for a reason. Disappointed as they look nice from outside. Walked straight out.

Clio: Always been a family favourite, but my mum isnt that keen on the looks or the dashboard layout. I dont get a say in this, so dont give me grief! Got to say that I liked it (1.2 Dynamique) and the interior is nice and well put together. Little expensive by list price though.

Ibiza: Very impressed. Cabin quality is very good and even things like the boot carpet is well made - has the rest licked on perceived quality. Got my mum very interested, despite having never heard of SEAT. Geeky front end and underpowered engines though.

Fabia: A turn-off. Id expected to like this one, but its not as nice as its blood brother SEAT inside or out and is expensive next to rivals.

There are of course others to consider and I know how £8k can buy something really exciting, but my mum is very style conscious, wants a brand new car and really only likes the Clio and 206 at the moment! Any comments appreciated. :D

what about a fiesta? yaris? micra? try and persuade em towards the clio (ive gota say that havent i?) id avoid the skoda, especially if shes style conscious. c2 doesnt sound very promising! out of those id go 4 the the ibiza, they look better than the 206 IMO!

Nah, the Ibiza and Fabia are based on the Polo (which isnt a Focus sized car!).

Like I say, my mum hasnt got that much of an open mind when it comes to brands. Sad as it is, shed not touch a Fiesta - no matter how good!

Corsa Sxi they seem very cheap in the papers I think.

Fiat Punto.

Ford KA sound like a good car for the shopping drive cheap.

Tappd'd RS

Corsa SXi 1.2 is very good, I had one before I had my cup. They now come with projector headlights too!