ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio at 18

ph2 iceburg 172
hi
im seriously thinking about a 172 (or possibly a 182) for my next car but im only 18 and was just wondering if anyone on here has a clio sport at 18 and what the insurance is like? ive had a few quotes and its looking pretty high but just love the cars.
wb thanks

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
it varies though like barron pays that you could end up paying alot more. they go of the postcode as well which is annoying imo

2002 172 monaco blue
1.2 16v when i was 19... loved the free insurance renault was offering. get a smaller engine imo and build up your ncb first

BG 182 FF
I was quoted 3200 and i am 19 with 2 years ncb. Did get cheaper qoutes but wouldnt give me legal cover as sed before get a smaller engined car and build up your no claims imo m8y:)

Yozza Track 172 /106 gti
1700 for me and I'm 18

But with mine being a conversion ( all declared ) it's a lower insurance group than a normal 172.

Something to bare in mind.

03 RS clio 172 flameR
im 19 and pay 1950, ring adrian flux and tell them u been quoted cheep, then when they say they cant match it, get them to knock 75 quid off what they quote you, and then u will have the best possible price.

BG 182 FF
1700 for me and I'm 18

But with mine being a conversion ( all declared ) it's a lower insurance group than a normal 172.

Something to bare in mind.

that sounds the way forward lol, weird that it is cheaper being a conversion, strange logic but cant grumble i suppose

ph2 iceburg 172
^
haha at that comment
but yeh i really want one now!

ive currently got a fiesta zetec s as my first car and the insurance is pretty steep on that (£1900 tp) but mum pays it for me (get in! haha) so i thought if she is willing to pay that much towards it the i could give her the money to make it up, but she is yet to agree haha
but its w@nk coz i only passed in september so im yet to get any ncb:(

Dynamique Flamer
I am 18 and no no claims on a 1.2 is around £900 going to get some no claims then get a sport when i am 21 ;)

ph1 172. vivaro van
GSI southern ltd.. mine was £710 tpft for a ph1 172 at 19.. cheap as chips.. but as previously mentioned, postcodes mean alot, i live out in the sticks! :D:D

Never above 25mpg
Im 19 and my insurance will be £945 with Adrian Flux TPFT with 2 years no claims! Thanks.

This is on a 172 btw.