ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio & Babies/Toddlers

Nissan Jewk
Do many of you here have a 1*2/Cup etc and have a baby/toddler? If so, how you finding it for space with pushchairs and the rest of the baggage? I fear I have to sell the Cup with the new arrival in September, just can't imagine it'll be easy with car seat, pushchair and the rest.....

Barge
Clio's arent exactly roomy in the boot, the rest of the car is fine - it is easier with 4 doors in a way for pulling kids and crap out of the car. The size of pram you'll need in the early stages usually dictates your car. The only thing to do is either measure the boot space of the Clio then measure prams, or go to Mothercare and use their demo to see if it'll fold up and fit in your car.

Simples.

Congrats, BTW.

EDIT: My sister had a 3 door Astra company car and had to swap it for a 5 door Passat for the exact reasons you're concerned over. She now has an 09 5 door Focus and it's cracking for fitting everything in.

I guess if you only have one car it might not be practical.

clio 172 sport
Hiya,
I have a 172 and two young children, never had any problems getting them in and out, i would say its easier with a two door as you can actually get in the back whilst strapping them up, With a four door there isnt as much room and you have to bend and twist!
the boot isnt massive but some pushchairs fold up really small so all in all not to much of a problem.

Hyundai i40
mike DO NOT SELL THE CUP

you will be fine with it....once they are in forward facing seats its a hell of alot easier to get them into the back of a 3 door car than a 5 door car

When i had my 5dr golf i suffered with back ache from putting my son in and out of the car, due to straining my back putting him in. soon as i was back in the 172 my back problems disapeared

I had my 172 from when Adam was 6 mths old to just turned 3 (had a 106 gti for the 1st few mths too) and would still have it now if i didnt split with his dad

If your into cars, which i guess you are, then you will regret getting a 'bigger family car' or even just a 5 door clio

53 Clio's & counting
My daughter is 3 months old now, and getting her and the pushchair in the car isnt a problem, but there are other issues:

With the pushchair and her bag in the back there isnt any room for anything else

If you go shopping the shopping will mostly have to be on the back seat

With the car seat in the back, my partner cant fit inthe front seat comfortably as it needs to be so far forward meaning she has to sit in the back.

So it do-able, just bloody annoying/cramped if going anywhere

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
leave putting the baby in the back to the wife, problem solved ;)

pram its easy. just fold down half the rear seats if needs be :)

RS Clio 182
i have 2 kids, 2 and 4 and im 6'1, its fine and i can fit our pushchair in the boot no bother, i wasnt going to buy my clio because of this but its fine

Polo GTi
My 2 kids and mrs fit in my Cup fine, along with the pram, dont buy one of the big f**k off fashion prams and you will be fine

Cro

Meg'd r27
What you needs a 5dr RS :rasp:

I definately think you need an rs4/6, do it for the kids...

astra gsi/cliosport 172
i find it easyer to get my 2yr old in the clio(cup 3door) than i five door and its ok for space

williams and trophy
many years ago i very nearly bought a 172....but i couldnt fit the pram in the boot..so was perfect excuse to forget the 172, and trade the valver in for the williams....never looked back since....apart from looking at the 172s in the rear view ;)

clio 172 cup
i have a 172 cup and have a 17month old, car seat fits in the back no problem and the front airbag can be turned off. space for a buggy in the boot. no problem. use the 2nd car for family mostly though.

i have a 3 and a 2 year old, its a bit tight, i only ever attempt getting the 3 year old in, but when i do, in his chair i have to have the passenger seat right forward for him to get his feet/legs down comfortably... its ok but not ideal.