ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio badge question

Clio 1.2
Might be a silly question. Just wondering if the Clio badges on the boot lid of the car is held on by sticky tap or by clips? Thinking of removing it. Thanks :p

extreme flamer
They're clipped on mate, a clip at either side of the badge, if you remove it your left with 2 holes where the clips go into

Clio 1.2
Can you unclip it without breaking the clips and put them back in? Ive heard that putting black t-cut on the badges turns them black..... This true??

just sand them down, use a few plastic primer coats, a few colour coats, a couple lacquer coats and bobs your uncle!

yeah you can unclip it, take off the boot trim on the inside by the screw near the handle, then pull where you feel the boot trim's being held on, because its on poppers, then there a whole which you can pop your hand through and push them out cos you'll feel the pins.. mind you, mine were a b*tch to get out...

then afterwards, they just pop back in :)

hope i helped :)

Clio 1.2
just sand them down, use a few plastic primer coats, a few colour coats, a couple lacquer coats and bobs your uncle!

yeah you can unclip it, take off the boot trim on the inside by the screw near the handle, then pull where you feel the boot trim's being held on, because its on poppers, then there a whole which you can pop your hand through and push them out cos you'll feel the pins.. mind you, mine were a b*tch to get out...

then afterwards, they just pop back in :)

hope i helped :)

Which sand paper best? what number, 1200?

uh, i used 250 grit mate, doesnt matter you just need to get rid of the shine, if your worried that the primer wont be smooth, use some high build primer after the plastic primer

172 cup
Sorry to hijack the thread but is this the same for the Renault sport badge? Would there be holes left in the boot if it was taken off?

172 cup
Just wondering as mine has been taken off and there arent any holes. So thought it could be a new boot lid.

Do you know where I can buy a new badge?