ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio boot badge and rear windscreen wiper

Im looking to remove my clio badge on the boot and i was just wondering whether they are just stook on or whether it will leave holes??

Also I want to de wiper my rear windscreen and i just wondered if anyone had any advice.

Thank you very much

they just are v.difficult,get a wiper arm removal tool,does the job,2 secs then just stick a grommet in the gap

CuZ

1.2 16v mk2 (ph3?)
clio badge has holes behind, all the other badges on mine peeled off with no holes behind! didn't think my rear wiper was comin off at first. just kept giving it a wiggle, eventually came off. box of grommets from halfords £2ish, job done

clio badge has holes behind, all the other badges on mine peeled off with no holes behind! didn't think my rear wiper was comin off at first. just kept giving it a wiggle, eventually came off. box of grommets from halfords £2ish, job done

Are the Halford assorted rubber grommets in the packet the correct size ?

CuZ

1.2 16v mk2 (ph3?)

Are the Halford assorted rubber grommets in the packet the correct size ?

yeah, dont get the box, get the small pack, i bought the box and small pack to be safe but theres a perfect fit in the small pack of assorted.

this is roughly how i rember takin the wiper off;
1 flip the cap at the base of the wiper, undo the nut under the cap. the wiper arm feels like it aint gonna come off, persevere, kepp pullin n wigglin.

2 once thats off, unclip the semi circular shape plastic surround.

3 inside the boot, undo the 2 screws, then tug gently on the panel, there are a few simple clips,

4 once thats off, u will see the wiper mechanism, unclip the wiring.

5 undo the nuts/bolts fixing the wiper mechanism (i cant remember what they were!) and the large one thats under the semi circular surround on the outside of the boot.
6 the mechanism should be out now. pop n screw the boot panel back in, clip the surround back in, grommet, bing bang bosh;)

LY 182
i cut my rear wiper off, some idiot glues the arm on
so did i
i read on here how alot of people had struggled with them, and out of the countless wiper arms i have removed from various cars ive never had a problem just wiggling it off and have never needed a tool.
tried getting it off the back of the clio and within 10 minutes got the hump and got the die grinder out :lolup:

BG 182
There is a special tool you can use called a G clamp to prize the rear wiper off the window, if you cant get hold of one however, then make sure you lubricate the bolt, and dont pull too hard because you may end up with a smashed window lol

ITB BG 182
I know this sounds daft but going out a spending £XX amounts for a tool that your only going to use once is pure stupidity.
All i did was use the gripper for the oil filter an a bolt, put the band round the back of the wiper arm an the bolt on to the wiper bolt an wriggled it abit from one side then the other an it was off within 2 minutes.

LY 182
yeah any sort of 3 jaw puller will get it off or anything that resembles that
i did look for my puller but came to the grinder first:evil:

CuZ

1.2 16v mk2 (ph3?)
its not connected to the window so i wouldn't think it would smash the glass

ITB BG 182
its not connected to the window so i wouldn't think it would smash the glass
but its for people that use the window as some thing to lean on, ie you put too much pressure on the window an its good night viena