ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio bump strips

orite everyone, i was thinking of trying to create a smoother look to my mk1 clio. Either removing the bump strips or getting them colour coded.

I removed 1 sides bump strips to see if there was any potential there, and was wondering if any of u guys have prevoisly done this and if so how much work (and cost) was involved.

Would it look better to just colour code the bump strips (which do av a tendancy to fall off) or just remove them and fill in the holes left behind them.

I am having my doors and arches smoothed as we speak! I have had a variety of quotes to do the work from £100 to £500!! Get it done though it looks wicked when it is done and have the handles and locks took out while you are there;)

the bloke who did my new front bumper has colour coded the bump strips but not the inserts, so it looks like i will be doing the rest, i was going to just do the whole lot black (inc the inserts) but now the fron moulding is blue i guess i will have to do the rest like then and i will paint the inserts black,

not easy to remove the mouldings without breaking the clips though and they are renault only and therefore expensive, also the bumper moulding dont come off as far as i can see, but.the cumper inserts do pop out, unlike the door inserts,

i think weight has done his whilst they were still on the car, maybe ask him?

350z & 16v Maxi

Mine is getting done as we speak too, well they are done just getting painted. The side ones come off and can be easily filled but the ones on the bumper are so much harder. You need to cut them out then re-fibreglass and mould the bumper to get it smooth. I will have mine back next week and will have pics up. Taking the bumper ones of looks so so good. Not many people have done them.

Colin