ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Campus or Clio Campus Sport!!

Mini Cooper
Clio Campus or Clio Campus Sport!?? Need Help!??!

Hey, newbie here!!

Im currently considering a brand new old shape clio!! My girlfriend is after one and ive just got a new job as a trainee sales exec at Lookers Volkswagen!! I currently drive a 206, but thought id sell my car, buy the clio, and when I get my company car, pass the car on to my girlfriend when she passes her test!!

The manager at work used to work for renault and can get me an unbelievable discount at renault, so I can afford to buy the cars outright!!

I was just wondering if there is much difference between the campus sport and campus!!? I know the price difference is £500 but was wondering if theres much difference!! Ive foudn out the campus sport is 16v 75bhp and the campus is 8v 60bhp!! other than that, what differences are there!! Is the speed much different!!

Also, does anyone own one of these, and could post a few pics up, as we are unsure what colour to go for, etc!!

Any advice or pics would be appreciated!!

Cheers

Last edited:

al

ST on the way...
Personally mate, i'd get one of the last Dynamiques which I think will be around 6 months old now, you'll still get the warranty but more kit for your money as they'll be a lot cheaper.

The Dynamique is the sport model (Clio Sport not RenaultSport)

Mini Cooper
i dont understand, clio sport not renaultsport!!

i should add, i can get the campus sport brand new for £5200 and the campus for £4800, so i probs cant get the dynamique cheaper!!

i can onyl get big discount on new cars!!

help!??

Mini Cooper
yeah it does look nice, has a 172/182 with it being colour coded, etc!!

is there enough difference between the campus and the campus sport to make me go for the sport!??!

also, what bits can i add without it making the warranty void!!?

i was thinkin:

re-map and chip
182 style exhaust
racing stripes maybe
pro race or 182 alloys

will any of them void warranty!?

cheers

Clio Campus Sport
I have a Campus Sport as my first car and love it. Excellent for city and motorway driving. Got some nice features.
The price your been offer is a bargin and its def worth it.:D

Is this the one with the face lifted front and rear bumpers and smooth boot?

IMG_0407.JPG

RB 182
Definately the sport mate, i got one about 4 months ago now (im only 17) absolutely love it and for the price u gotta go for the sport how u get that much discount! Make sure u get a chill pack(500quid) and metallic goes without sayin(300). O and im pretty sure its 70hp not 75 but i could be wrong. U really don't get a lot for your money with the basic campus and the 8v is sluggish to say the least. If you want any pics of parts etc il post em up iv got sum already but cant resize them to post them :eek: . O and i got an ottoman blue metallic looks sweet, blacks good too but i saw both and it's probably just personal preferance. Lookin to get sus, window tints and full stereo for mine soon then it will look even better. Hope this helps:)
Rob

RB 182
Right this should work so here goes :approve:

Attachments

• S5000625 (Large).JPG
    S5000625 (Large).JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 188
  • S5000627 (Large).JPG
    S5000627 (Large).JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 176
  • S5000628 (Large).JPG
    S5000628 (Large).JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 199
  Mini Cooper
cheers people, some good advice here!!

yeah think im gonna go for the sport, deffo metallic paint, not sure bout chill pack, dunno if i can afford it!!

well see!!

going for a test drive on wednesday, can someone post up some pics of interior and also the rear please!?? also, does it come with a cassette player as standard or a cd player, as i heard it was only a cassette player!?

cheers

Mini Cooper
ps. i get discount as my manager used to be manager at renault and he can get me 28% off retail price!! it should cost me about £7200 without any extras and i can get it for about £5100 without extras!!

Clio_Sport said:
ps. i get discount as my manager used to be manager at renault and he can get me 28% off retail price!! it should cost me about £7200 without any extras and i can get it for about £5100 without extras!!

But you are buying the old discontinued model! What are the used prices like?

Mini Cooper
well i went on ebay and autotrader, typed in clio highest first, and i went through about 3 pages before i got the price il be paying, some peope were asking for more than what im paying, but for 2001-2002 models!!

Mini Cooper
ps, he can get me 28% off the brand new shape aswell!! i just dont like it tho, nowhere near as nice as the older shape

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Clio_Sport said:
ps, he can get me 28% off the brand new shape aswell!! i just dont like it tho, nowhere near as nice as the older shape

The general public can get 28% off mate, sorry to piss on your bonfire...

Clio_Sport said:

Surely though you'll be resticted to vehicles that are sitting waiting to be cleared, you won't be able to specify colours etc...

Personally I think you'd be a little silly buying a brand new out of production vehicle unless you can get it half price or cheaper! Renault have to clear the stock so you should be able to get a really good discount!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
beleive it or not their is a massive difference between the 1.2 16v and 1.2 8v engine, the 8v is terribly slow.

campus sport is just a rebadged extreme, which isnt as good as a dynamique. the campus sport comes with a cd player, interior temperature guage, heated mirrors, rear speakers etc as standard where the campus doesnt.

if i was you i would get a 54 plate onwords dynamique, my mate payed £5,000 for a Phase 3 dynamique 1.2 16v in flame red with full climate control and electric sunroof. and doesnt have the gay interior that the campus/extreme has!!

Golf R
a late dynamique personally, but agree thats a nice price for a new car

just to prove they're cheapness, Renault haven't fitted rear speakers or wiring for them - easily rectified with a set of 6x9's but struck me as odd why they've not put the rear speakers in?

Mini Cooper
i dont want a sunroof, and aint bothered about the interior as il be looking out for a 182/172 leather alcantara interior anyway!!

as for everyone can get 28% discount, i think thats unlikely!! otherwise it would be called discount, it would just be a clearance sale!!

i bet not many people can get a brand new clio campus sport from a dealer for £5000!

i aint to bothered about rain sensitive wipers, climate control, etc!! as long as its got the important things, electric windows and mirrors, will probs get met paint and chill pack possibly, and that will do me!!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The sport also comes with alloy wheels.

My mum bought one in March this year and loves it. Cost her £6400 brand new.

Mini Cooper
also wondered, what colours can i get, any!!

the person i spoke to said they had all sorts!! i like the blue on the previous page, but also love black!! the first campus sport i saw was in silver fully colour coded and it looked sweet aswell!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
only campus sport has electric mirrors and heated mirrors.

and yep anyone can get a massive discount if you push enough the discount is there for the dealers to give to help get sales!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
They are knockin money of the Clio Campus now anyway because they are only being made until the end of this yr. Afta that only the new shape Clio will be available. My mate was gona buy a campus and i talked him out of it. Then found him a Clio Dynamique 1.4 16v with 4000miles on clock for the same price. He's nva looked back.
The campus has been made so renault can get rid of parts they have left and sell a few more models before the introduce the twingo over here as there new small car.

Do ur gf a fav mate....but a 2nd hand dynamique, much better car then the campus.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think the electric/heated mirrors are available as an option on the Sport and are not standard. My mum's car lacks them as does my cousins.

Leather steering wheel and gearknob as standard.

Blue Clio 182
My first car was a dynamique 03 plate but i wasnt keen on the colour so i thought i'd buy a brand new old shape clio, I was thinking of a campus sport 06 plate but the salesman said after having a dynamique i would hate the campus, I didnt really look into why i would hate it he just said the dynamique was better in every way, So I got a 55 plate dynamique and i would recommend anyone to get one.

Mini Cooper
nah shes set herself on campus now!!

i prefer campus to dynamique aswell if im honest!!

nicer looking from front and colour coded!!

i wanna own a new car aswel, go and pick it up knwoing its mine and no-one else has owned it, etc!!

what price you lot reckon i should push for on the campus sport with my discount!!

want metallic paint deffo, and maybe chill pack!! leccy heated mirrors aswell if they arent standard!!

should i push for 5k with all those options!? then will it be a good deal!?

Mini Cooper
Billytheclio said:
My first car was a dynamique 03 plate but i wasnt keen on the colour so i thought i'd buy a brand new old shape clio, I was thinking of a campus sport 06 plate but the salesman said after having a dynamique i would hate the campus, I didnt really look into why i would hate it he just said the dynamique was better in every way, So I got a 55 plate dynamique and i would recommend anyone to get one.

how much ya pay for ya 55reg dynamique mate, got any pics!?

Blue Clio 182
Clio_Sport said:
how much ya pay for ya 55reg dynamique mate, got any pics!?

errrrr mine on the right sorry

Benson.jpg

Mines the one on the left, my mates is a dynamique aswell, i paid about £7500 i think

Blue Clio 182
th_DSC00632.gif
th_DSC00633.gif
th_DSC00680.gif

Some better pics of my Dynamique for ya mate! Spend the extra money and get your girlfriend a better car, I'd prefer my boyfriend to buy me a dynamique then a campus, I had the choice of a brand new cheaper car or a 6 months old dearer car and i'm glad i went with this one!!

Mini Cooper
i cant afford £7500!! does look nice though!!

im hopefully getting the campus sport for £5000 with extras hopefully, so saving £2500 on a 55 reg dynamique!!

seems a good deal to me, cant just come up with the extra £2500 as i paying cash upfront for it!

Blue Clio 182
I know it's a big difference, but you can get some cheap ones, my mate paid 4800 from reg vardys for an 03 plate, but then again at the side of a brand new car for 5000 it seems daft, I was lucky my dad bought me mine, i just paid for the colour coding, :D

What extras can you have on the campus then, do they have all the automatic things

Mini Cooper
not sure on the extras, will find out tomoro!! the extras im considering are:

metallic paint
chill pack
electric/heated mirrors (if not standard)
also want xenons if possible!?

A Fcukin Car
Billytheclio said:
errrrr mine on the right sorry

Benson.jpg

Mines the one on the left, my mates is a dynamique aswell, i paid about £7500 i think

Ohh look I spyed a piccy of my car