ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Cover?

Audi S4 Avant
Are there any decent tailored Clio (172) covers available or are they all fairly generic?

Just thinking about winter and whether to try and keep it protected from the elements as much as possible, as it's not a DD.

I do have a garage before anyone asks but the TVR lives in there and I'm not about to kick that out to house the Clio - mostly because the outriggers will probably rot away if I do 😊

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
Few car covers for the Clio Mk2 shape, most actually generic small hatchback shape though if you google their part numbers.

Monaco blue 172
I have a Halfords all weather. Size small, it fits perfectly and is waterproof top with vents to let it breathe, the sides are water resistant fully breathable. Straps underneath and it’s soft lined. Used it for 3 years in extreme weather and it’s been perfect.

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I have a Halfords all weather. Size small, it fits perfectly and is waterproof top with vents to let it breathe, the sides are water resistant fully breathable. Straps underneath and it’s soft lined. Used it for 3 years in extreme weather and it’s been perfect.

Be interested to check out the fabric, to see its construction. There are a fair few reviews on Halfords claiming its not waterproof, which I have found often the way with breathable covers. In light showers the breathable covers are often great, but in heavy down pours its anything but waterproof.

Mind you, you can't say trapping moisture underneath the cover is any better by using a fully waterproof one either. Pros / Cons I guess with that one.

My input: I pay for storage to avoid having the cars outside in our wet weather, However. I do use them (Stormforce / Moonson covers) in the summer months on my 106 when its at home with the Clio, which isn't that often. Having lost the top coat on a few cars using various covers over the winter I would be very vary using one for long period of time in the cold / damp / wet. If your paint is not factory or is in bad condition it doesn't take long for the covers to cause more issues then their worth.

Monaco blue 172
Exactly this… so it’s waterproof over the roof/bonnet but has large vents like a tent on the windscreen, which keeps the air flowing through enough I have found. I have original paint on the roof and a spray job on the bonnet and it hasn’t effected either. The material on the sides is water resistant, not waterproof, but dries very fast. I find the water runs off the sides anyway, but the top waterproof part prevents the main downfall From pooling, and my main concern was to keep dust and bird crap/ cats climbing all over it, not too concerned about a bit of water as it’s waxed and dries out well in the air. Hope this helps

Monaco blue 172
ps mine probably only stays on for a month at most before I want to go out for a spin 😁 the 3 years I mentioned wasn’t one solid sitting!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a £40 Halfords cover in size small on my track car and so far (got it in June) it’s been perfect. Really good product to be fair.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I have a £40 Halfords cover in size small on my track car and so far (got it in June) it’s been perfect. Really good product to be fair.
They are good but I find the inside deteriorated and left bits all over the car.