ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup racer crash

Caterham 270R
My video's guys cool ?? Castle combe stuff and the 1st thruxton clio carnage

Derrick Pierce broke his sump over the curbes and dumped oil down , it happens every meeting at thruxton where saloons are racing..the rest had no where to go

The combe stuff is just insane and footage taken over about 10 years !!

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
haha how strange for the person that done those vids to be on here.

and as for putting oil down on the road so you can drift what a bunch of c-units they need shooting:mad:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Jim did you ever manage to dig out any vids of my clio.. Silver ph2 172 on some orange wheels..

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
What a goon, the chap in the 106 is off line out the way and the nugget in the evo thinks he is god, plonker

Chapette ;)

Tbh though the cars were stupidly faster than the other classes and it was asking for trouble..

Series is much better now :cool:

S4 Avant
Going on what I've seen, this guy who races the norris design evos (norris maybe?) can't drive for sh!t! Saw one of the races on the tv at the weekend, and he spun in that race as well! f**king liability, surely?!

Fiesta ST2
Going on what I've seen, this guy who races the norris design evos (norris maybe?) can't drive for sh!t! Saw one of the races on the tv at the weekend, and he spun in that race as well! f**king liability, surely?!

lots of vids on youtube of him binning it mate

172 Race Car
iirc that last video was brake failure

Never been to Combe - what is it about that corner that catches people out?

Good old Quarry corner has seen many incidents. Haha!

There's a nice long (gradual) straight before it where you will pick up some speed. You then approach a slight incline with a gradual left bend (Avon Rise), which then has a sharp right into Quarry. People hit Avon Rise so quick and then don't realise how soon the sharp right approaches... until it's too late.

http://www.castlecombetrackday.org.uk/uploads/images/Circuit Info/Castle Combe Circuit - Quarry.jpg

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Never been to Combe - what is it about that corner that catches people out?

Sweeping left before a hard right by the looks of it......nothing like jumping off the throttle before the car has straighened out.

Oh, the lovely Quarry Corner at Coombe - always provides amusement at 'Action Days'.

Its pretty high speed from the start/finish line through a right/left chicane at Avon Rise, so people are normally off-balance/going too quick for Quarry & understeer/go in backwards/sideways/upside down instead. Fast track, but not very forgiving if/when you get it wrong - was my local haunt when i was at Uni in Cheltenham ...

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
That's the thing with combe, get it wrong and your in trouble as all the run off is infield!

I don't find quarry bad its Avon rise just before as it covers the view and unsettles the car.
But with decent brakes and some Faith its not too bad