ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio cup racer with throttle bodies....???

Cup In bits
Good find, I have always wanted to see a tuned cup racer incar footage on some uk tracks to compare to the lads on here, never seen any yet.

Clio172cup rally car
I'm more curious to why they bolted the throttle bodies to the lower inlet rather than the head?!

Surely there isn't any gain to it?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's most likely to get some extra length in the runners... seen this done to a few 197's now to.

azanude4.jpg

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
it has the fine mesh gauze over the trumpets, which is a form of filter in itself.
it will stop any larger debris getting in there.

edit to add: I used to run a set of DCOE Twin 40's on a Vauxhall nova like that many years ago, never had a problem atall and it continued that way for a good few years even being used as a daily.

Cup In bits
Is that a cup racer?

Looks awful.

Definite cup racer it has the matter cage, I have never heard of a maxi Clio mk2 like above and s1600 is on another level under the bonnet and inside.

As Andrew said its a racer with S1600 kit.

I think it sounds pretty brutal, more like an S1600 or a group n/group a car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
it has the fine mesh gauze over the trumpets, which is a form of filter in itself.
it will stop any larger debris getting in there.

edit to add: I used to run a set of DCOE Twin 40's on a Vauxhall nova like that many years ago, never had a problem atall and it continued that way for a good few years even being used as a daily.

I did the same on a corsa I had which was a cammed 2 litre on bodies, but the difference there is the bodies are at the back facing backwards of course, so much less vulnerable.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I did the same on a corsa I had which was a cammed 2 litre on bodies, but the difference there is the bodies are at the back facing backwards of course, so much less vulnerable.

very true, and a very valid point.

I had my twin 40's on the 1.3, then kept them (albeit rejetted) when I changed over to the 1.8 Astra GTE lump.
but sold them complete with the engine when I had the basic wizard of NOS kit fitted and run the factory injection for a while, then after a year or so we went for the XE lump, much like yourself.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
very true, and a very valid point.

I had my twin 40's on the 1.3, then kept them (albeit rejetted) when I changed over to the 1.8 Astra GTE lump.
but sold them complete with the engine when I had the basic wizard of NOS kit fitted and run the factory injection for a while, then after a year or so we went for the XE lump, much like yourself.

All great engines, I go quite misty eyed and dreamy thinking of 90s vauxhall engines.
Shame the cars themselves dont drive as well as the clios, the engines are just SO much better than the renault litter.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
the XE engine, from my limited knowledge at the time, was a great lump to play with, and it went so well.
my only real XE issues was in a Cavalier GSi I had mid 90's that suffered the dreaded pourous head issue, but easy enough to send away and have repaired.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
the XE engine, from my limited knowledge at the time, was a great lump to play with, and it went so well.
my only real XE issues was in a Cavalier GSi I had mid 90's that suffered the dreaded pourous head issue, but easy enough to send away and have repaired.

Yeah vauxhall really dropped the ball with the porous head when they downgraded from coscast heads to gm ones, but as you say it wasnt that bad to fix anyway.