ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio cup tyres

Im thinking of putting 205/45/16s on the standard cup wheels. As im after these Avon Tyre ZZR (Road race tyres) and this is the smallest width they do.

Firstly has anyone done this size on these rims, if not please advise of a site or information on it.

Need to know if it rubs at all, as 195 to 205 is a difference.

tom

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Yes, 205s fit perfectly on the standard alloys and will not rub/catch, in fact the 182 has them as standard!

The GDS2s or 3s are as good as it gets on the CUP - if you are still sure you want to go for the 205s then you would be best getting 40% profile as it will be much closer to the overall tyre diameter than a 205/45.

eg:

205/45 wall height = 92.25mm

205/40 wall height = 82mm

Standard 195/45 wll height = 87.75mm

double the above difference and it will give you the increase in total tyre diameter.

yep but i need a track tyre, these are just released from avon and are made of the same rubber on their slicks.

They are road legal slicks. I was after Mich. cup sports (as on the M3 CSL) but they dont make the size.

tom

My advice, not that it was requested, is to avoid R tyres for track work. They are sticky and will make you faster, but you will learn more on a slippier tyre. You should save some money as well.

Get used to sliding about on the regular tyres and youll be a better driver for it.

done the sliding.

My cups done 4 track days. And yes its great fun on the slide...now i want more grip at the front.....

the cup is an absolute doddle to master compared to my Z3 m roadster....which was a git to throw around...6 spins in one session.

172, Tiguan

I was using my track tyres on the road last week, Avon ACB10s and youd have to be pretty comitted to use them full time.

They were ok when they warmed up but a nightmare when cold. tramline city

ortontom2

FWD is indeed a lot easier to control on the track, but to master it is another story. With the Z3 M3, or other relativley powerful RWD cars, power oversteer is available, whereas with the Cup, the only real oversteer you will get is lift off or trailbrking. Master than and play with the tyre pressures and youll find that the FWD is just as much fun...

Grippy tyres work at both ends...