ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci cold start problem

1.5dci
My 51 plate Clio is suffering from cold start problems. The coil light remains on continuously. I've checked the plugs and there all fine, wiggled connections, cleaned connection etc. Once she's started she'll be fine for the rest of the day, drives like a dream. If I leave her for more than 3 hours she plays up. I have noticed if I pump the priming bulb while someone cranks she starts fine, any ideas?

1.5dci
Just bought a new pre heat relay and no luck. I tested the voltage on the glow plug lead and it was 0v when the ignition was on, this must be something to do with it, anyone have any suggestions??

V70 d5 beast
have you tested the glowplugs with a multi meter or removing them and using a booster pack to test them,
check engine earth leads
sounds like a glow plug fault but the light doesn't usually stay on for more than 5 seconds

Vw Passat, clio 182
how much and where do you guys get these glow plug from? my sister has excatly same problem as OP.
thanks

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
halfords sell em so do most motorfactors i have a dci breaking if you need any parts pm me