ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio dci fuel system

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Hi there, i have notice that there is air in the fuel system :S

I was Wondering if that is normal on the Clio DCI 1.5 65 as there is not a lot of
air in the system, but its enough to get to me.

Is there any common places where the air can get sucked in ????

any info would be great.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
There shouldn't be air in the system unless there is a leak somewhere. Could be on the fuel filter couplings to make sure they are on properly. I saw this on a car I test drove and it was causing the car to miss.

Is it actually causing a problem?

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
All the pipes are on properly and there is no fuel on the floor underneath, i have not changed the fuel filter if its slightly blocked would it suck the air in via the fuel filter ???

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Dci's have a little air in the fuel system.
Not allot, a few in the return from pump but that's it!

Fuel pipes have little rubber o'rings in , they are common to go at the fuel filter point.

And return ( leak offs ) from injectors

last but not least, fuel strainer in the tank. It gets clogged as then airs the system up.

you won't see fuel on the floor unless it's properly split a fuel line open

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
The fuel strainer in the tank how do I go about cleaning it or is a a case of replace it ???

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
It's plastic. Just take apart , clean , put back together. BUT ! I would leave it if you dci is running fine. The lock ring on the sender unit can be a b*****d to seal properly again

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Believe the o ring on the tank is a 1 use item. Had the problem before with the blasted thing. See my seriel number?

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
OK, I'm going to do the fuel filter on the car at some point this month so Ill do it then :)
I might as well get it fixed when I'm doing the fuel filter.
Thanks for the help :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah his is the same as my clone lol

joe- Get some wurths (sp) or liquid Molly diesel cleaner as run that through before changing the filter.

Search liquid molly 1.5dci on YouTube

will do a world of good :)

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
sounds silly but when you run that stuff though your engine you cant proof that its worked or damage the seals unless you can hear the difference in the engine noise.
I only trust active 8 but thats for petrols ;)

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
What it does

- cleans fuel systems
- breaks down deposits in injectors
- improves the ignition performance (cetane number) of diesel fuel
- prevents partial-load knocking
- protects against corrosion
- guarantees optimum combustion
- increases operational reliability and economy

Complies with the following specifications and manufacturers’ approvals:
Mitsubishi-----BMW

Im going to run it as the more i look into it the more i want to do it. :)

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Its more for getting the crud out of the engine, that's why I was confused with the video (i didn't see the filter lol)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my dci65 had loads of air, never caused it any issues lol my low millage dci100 had a lot less but still had bubbles and as far as I know that had never had any work done previously to the fuel system it was still the way it left the factory

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
sweet thanks for your input, i think its normal to have that much air bubbles in the fuel system.
I am going to try renewing to the fuel filter and clean that strainer. also going to use the diesel cleaner if I have got enough time.
just to see if i can get it with no bubbles.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Have you Ran it in your car ????

yup ive ran liquid molly through loads of mondeo's at work. the little inline filter used to turn black lol

ran it through mine last year, naff all came through it as i have cleaned the system out after fuel pump failure.
now i run twostroke low ash mineral oil through my tanks to help lube the fuel system up, seems as diesel has hardly any sulfur ( sp ) in it anymore whihc used to lube

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
How did you use the liquid Molly like the video shown you. As some people say you can just run it though a full tank on fuel.