ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio dci turbo problems?

ph1 172
Hi Guys,

I have had a problem with the turbo on my 53 plate dci 65hp for ages! The car seems ok and has full power but the turbo whistle is somewhat loud!?

I had done an oil/filter change last year then straight after the change the turbo wouldn't spool up and had no boost for approx 15mins on road test?
The turbo then gradually spooled then i gained full power.. I then went on to do a 1400 mile round trip to Belgium and back a week later (prob no less than 90mph all the way) with no problems!

It still continues today with full power although there is a slight leak of oil and the EGR was disgusting when i checked it last week I used the exact same oil 10w/40 following spec service plan.

I have checked all boost pipes/ wastegate/exhaust for cracks or blows but nothing, i have even checked turbo vanes on propeller and shaft of turbo for play.. but nothing!! As i am doing a lot of motorway driving up and down to Lake District at weekends can someone help me before it explodes on the M6!

If it needs a turbo can i upgrade to 100hp turbo with just injectors and remap or should i just go standard???

Thanks Guys!

BMW 118d
have you checked the compressor wheel on the exhaust side for any chipped impeller's? thats what normally is the course, have also had the compressor wheels seize where oil strainers have become blocked from poor maintinance. are the rubber seals in the intake pipe from the inlet manifold to turbo ok? does it smoke?
with regaurds to the upgrade i would keep to the standard turbo if it was me.

hope this helps.