ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Extreme 06 Plate Headunit?

Hey,

Im used to messing with older clio's and things falling off isnt unusual. BUT...

I've just purchased a new clio extreme 1.2 from a renault dealer in bedford. Thing is, it only comes with 2x 15w speakers and ive got a better headunit, small sub and amp in the shed from the previous car.

I want to fit the cd player or prehaps buy a new 1, but will this screw up my warrenty? Ive asked Renault and they said they have approved CD players... but there all the same, they look the same - just the next 2 up support 4 speakers and the 1 up from that has mp3 support.

The mp3 support though isnt anything fancy at all, all looks the same and rather then just "Track 20" being dislayed in the dash, it will go upto TRACK-80.

So...

Am i stuck with it? I couldnt imagine the warrenty being screwed up if they fitted my own head unit? Atleast it displays the tracks...

Would I need a facia thingy? (sorry cant spell).

Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated :)

Cheers

Der Panzer
Your warrenty will be fine. I've never heard of anyone having dramas with a headunit. That said if you fry the electrics you'll be on your own. Don't f**k up.

No pressure. :)

RB 182
I work for Ford, the only bit of warranty affected will obviously be the radio bit! If you do bodge it (dont see how you could) and it breaks, just put old headunit back in before you take it in lol

1.2 16v+200sx
I work for Ford, the only bit of warranty affected will obviously be the radio bit! If you do bodge it (dont see how you could) and it breaks, just put old headunit back in before you take it in lol

thats what i was thinking lol

do you need harness adaptors with the clio?

1.2 16v+200sx
i doubt you would need a facia adaptor as it is just a standard size cd player and there doesnt seem to be any wiring adaptors for it either.

You definately won't screw up the warranty fitting a HU if it has the standard ISO connectors, Its plug'n'play. Be careful fitting the amp and sub though, try and fit them in such a way as to be able to remove them and return the car to standard.

Yeah,

Im going to install a new headunit sometime this year, the sub and amp are the next things to worry about.

Cheers