ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Extreme DCi 1.5 65Bhp HELP!!!!

R26

Trying to get hold of the above car cos I have to do a lot of miles (100 per day) to work and back. What sort of deal should I be looking at to pay. Renault have offered me : £7825 on the road all the usual tax etc anyone know what we should be aiming for. Also want to get dynamique alloys stuck on it - what do you think they will say. Will this cost more or what is the chances of bartering ? Thanks

You are always in a position to barter as they want the sale at the end of the day. If you dont ask, you dont get.

You can definitely haggle with the price. Offering to sign on the day if they can give you the car for £X amount is a good tactic. If you are in a position to buy the car now then I would say you could get a good few hundred quid off.

As Rob says tho, 2nd hand can get you a bargain if you dont mind buying used.

strait swap. my dci for your 182.

seriously though, as rob says go second hand.

[Edited by tom-dci on 08 October 2004 at 4:18pm]

why the 65bhp out of interest? 85bhp gives better mpg.

R26

Thanks guys. The price offered is already saving £1395 on list price but iam GREEEEEEEEEEEDY and want the wheels too.:devilish:

Definatly do look second hard or import if your doing big milages.

The 80 is slightly better mpg wise no idea why maybe better torque makes you drive differently or maybe the higer gearing helps.

182, GTR, C63

Hi,

Weve just bought 2 clio vans with the 1.5 dci engine in. Comes with all the same equipment eg cdplayer but with metalic paint and no back seats. We are waiting for them to be delivered but i had a test drive and they drive ok. Very suprising that they handle but thats not wot they are about. We got it a bit cheaper than you at £6200 but were getting 2.

1 of them is for work the other is a runabout for my mum cus her jag only does 24mpg and we are soon moving further away from work. Not sure on the exact mpg but im sure it would better than my car and my mums put together.

You might not want a van but if its for practical use alone its calssed as a comercial vehicle which is a good advantage. While i was at the showroom waiting for the testdrive i was looking at their V6 mmmmmmmm want one.

Keep saving on the diesel for the next 20 years and who knows might be able to afford one.