ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT dci

Hi,

I posted here ages ago when I first put in an order for my Clio GT back in May. Its been a long wait but it's finally arrived. Driving a brand new car again is nice as I flipped my MG ZR the day after I put the order in for my gt, and I had that since new.

Here's what I have: -

Clio GT dci 106
Malta Blue
TomTom
Bluetooth + USB
ESP

Last Saturday Renault held an event at Beaulie where you can drive there various models so I took the petrol Clio GT out for a spin the day before I picked mine up. The diesel engine does feel a lot more powerful than the 128 petrol and smoother too, especially on the motorway and it's a lot quieter. Just started running it in so I'm not pushing it too hard and I'm getting 55mpg right now, but hopefully that will go up to 60mpg. Suspension isn't as stiff as my ZR which will be a bonus for long journeys but it still corners well.

The exterier is exactly the same as the petrol version and I think it looks great. The only thing I had to change was adding a renault sport badge on the bottom right of the boot, as I don't know why renault didn't put a GT badge on there apart from the seats.

I love the interior and I think the seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in. My favourite thing though has to be the integration of the TomTom, Bluetooth, and iPod connection. The phone book and iTunes playlists are all displayed on the tomtom screen which is easy to navigate using the buttons on the right of the steering wheel. There is also a button for voice dialing numbers saved in the clio's phone book. The satnav gets a fix on my position instantly and also calculates routes dead fast. Warns me of speed cameras and traffic as well. Being able to take out the SD card, stick it in my computer and update maps and add routes etc is a cool feature too.

So all in all I'm loving my 59 plate Clio! Will post some pictures soon. Not having a car of my own for the last few months also made me apreciate this soo much more. And it doesn't feel like a small car.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
didnt go for the world series edition then?

Tom Tom built in is cool, nice and easy to use.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I have the petrol, love Malta blue. Saw one in silver the other day! Just why would anyone order it in that colour! Pics asap ;)

nope they do come in other colours ;)

looking forward to the pics :D

are you local as you said you went to a testing event at Beaulie ?

Yeah, I live in Southampton. Test drove the Megane Coupe at Beaulie as well, but I'm pleased with my choice.

Blue is the only colour for me but I saw a picture of one in white once which looked cool.

Not a 320d
Btw is the K4M they use the same as the old 1.6 in the mk2 - bar a new ecu and inlet manifold, airbox and a few other odd bits and pieces ? Dohc 16valve ?

still no pics :(

Got some pics! Took a few this afternoon while it was sunny

Here's the thread under media - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5855886#post5855886

More on my flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterhorner/sets/72157622311267258/

3900635903_922bc6e997_b.png

320d
Nice. Great decision with the dci. I stand by my comment that i'd never buy another non RS Clio in petrol. Infact i'd never buy any petrol car that wasn't a performance orientated model.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. Great decision with the dci. I stand by my comment that i'd never buy another non RS Clio in petrol. Infact i'd never buy any petrol car that wasn't a performance orientated model.

dont get me wrong my mrs 1.6 16v dynamique MK2 is awesome to drive, it feels so much better to drive around town than a 172 which is lumpy, and you dont get the lag around town that you get on the dci100.

side by side there is nothing in it between the dci100 and the 1.6 16v, the 1.6 gets a better start due to better power band but then the dci catches and cant pass!

BUT... the 1.6 16v which my mrs drives very sensible averages 35mpg, she averages more in my 172 driving the same way, my dci100 which i give death to the full way to work and back averages 50mpg, theres just no way i could justify anything other than the dci