ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio GT

1.4 mk3 Clio
Well the short and tall of it as i am seriously thinking of getting the new Clio GT but theres a few problems i will be taking this on finance. Would like to know a ball park figuare of the monthly payments yes i could just go to the garage and get them to do it but aint got the time. I will be buying this for my mum and me but as i am only 17 i cant take finance out so she will do it but i will pay her monthly and i get good insurance to. So she will be the regestered owner and the main driver as she will use it around 10 hour a day or more, so i will only get to use it arfter shes back from work shopping ect. Is this fronting because it looks weird for a 40 year old woman to be driving a sporty car. And finaly what do yous think of the GT any help and opinions appreciated.
I think i can here the grammer police but cant be arsed checking.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you are buying a car and paying for it all but only getting to use it when your mums not using it. f**k that.

no thats not fronting as she will be the registered owner and main driver your just using it when shes not.

Nissan 350z
So your basically buying a new car and giving it to someone else and hoping they will let you use it? .... oh my.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Can't you just wait until you are 18 and then get finance yourself? You could also be saving up a bit of a deposit at the same time. Paying for a car you are hardly going to use is just about as mental as the folk on here who fork out £2k+ for insurance.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My mum is driving my GT untill i pass. I'm doing pretty much exactly the same as you right now. And yes, its wierd having a 40 year old driving it. But funny when she beats all the BRAP BRAP crew in there 1.0 corsa's.

if you want my opinion, dont bother

your 17, its seems like you have a mk3 allready which is a pretty decent car for a 17 yr old...

M2 Competition
if you want my opinion, dont bother

your 17, its seems like you have a mk3 allready which is a pretty decent car for a 17 yr old...

What he said.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=402632

If this is your car, its amazing for a 17 year old just passed their test!

Keep this, and if need be get your mum insured on it as well/ buy another cheap car for your mum to use.

Dont buy a GT on finance in your situation!

Black Clio GT
i ve got one on 5 years 0% paid 2k deposit (had equity in my old car) and my payments are under £200 a month or they could have done a pcp deal for 750 deposit and around £260 per month.

good little cars, imo.

i ve got one on 5 years 0% paid 2k deposit (had equity in my old car) and my payments are under £200 a month or they could have done a pcp deal for 750 deposit and around £260 per month.

good little cars, imo.

;) bring on the pics

1.4 mk3 Clio
Im buying it for my second car my mums has f*ck up and she will get to use it untili pass or she gets another car just trying to help lol

Im buying it for my second car my mums has f*ck up and she will get to use it untili pass or she gets another car just trying to help lol

Well in that case remember that when she gets her own car again and you then become the main driver of the GT you'll have to tell the insurance company that and your premium will go up again.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My mum is driving my GT untill i pass. I'm doing pretty much exactly the same as you right now. And yes, its wierd having a 40 year old driving it. But funny when she beats all the BRAP BRAP crew in there 1.0 corsa's.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=435176

And it's not weird seeing my mum drive the GT, its just funny when boy racers see the bodykit etc. and think OMFG COMPETITION ENNIT.

Lol, thanks for clarifying that for us.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Eactly. Its only a car at the end of the day. If you have a loan at least you own it/can sell it on etc.

Clio GT is a good car. I have the diesel version on order which should be delivered in September (ordered it in may!!). I was lucky enough to get a good discount and had enough money to buy it without loans etc. I went for Malta Blue paint, Tomtom, ESP, Bluetooth handsfree.

From my experience from when I first started driving is that the sooner your the named driver on the insurance and building up no claims bonus, the better. I'd also highly recommend avoiding finance from the garage and getting a loan from the bank instead.

Found this great video of the Clio GT on renault - http://www.renault.tv/#/autotainment/videos/137860/test-clio-gt-2009

Clio GT is a good car. I have the diesel version on order which should be delivered in September (ordered it in may!!). I was lucky enough to get a good discount and had enough money to buy it without loans etc. I went for Malta Blue paint, Tomtom, ESP, Bluetooth handsfree.

From my experience from when I first started driving is that the sooner your the named driver on the insurance and building up no claims bonus, the better. I'd also highly recommend avoiding finance from the garage and getting a loan from the bank instead.

Found this great video of the Clio GT on renault - http://www.renault.tv/#/autotainment/videos/137860/test-clio-gt-2009

either way i want one :D

[YOUTUBE]4EU_Ots8UJk[/YOUTUBE]
fithgears review

Last edited:
  LY V6 & Fiesta ST
Well the short and tall of it as i am seriously thinking of getting the new Clio GT but theres a few problems i will be taking this on finance. Would like to know a ball park figuare of the monthly payments yes i could just go to the garage and get them to do it but aint got the time. I will be buying this for my mum and me but as i am only 17 i cant take finance out so she will do it but i will pay her monthly and i get good insurance to. So she will be the regestered owner and the main driver as she will use it around 10 hour a day or more, so i will only get to use it arfter shes back from work shopping ect. Is this fronting because it looks weird for a 40 year old woman to be driving a sporty car. And finaly what do yous think of the GT any help and opinions appreciated.
I think i can here the grammer police but cant be arsed checking.
Why does a 40 yr old woman driving a sporty car seem weird, back when my mum was 40 she had a sierra cossie, then went sensible with a meg coupe and now looking at getting the new meg 250, shes now 47!

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
how old are you? A loan is a perfectly acceptable way to own a car as long as you can afford the repayments without over stretching yourself.

Good advice, remember its not just buying the car, i mean back in june my cup needed a service, new tyres, insurance renewal, kerbed wheel repaired and tax, bang goes £1500.