ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio hayabusa

Elise/VX220/R26

I saw a mini with twin R1 Engines on Pulling power (sky) and that was something else!

If it were me and I was going to all that trouble and basically making a car from scratch I would put twin engines in. Otherwise you might as well strip out a 172 for the same performance???

Either way good luck with the project m8 and I look forward to seeing it at york next season!

My mate too is in the process of building a mega blade.... really weird concept you here a big bike winding up and a car comes past!!

chuckie

Put a turbo on the Busa engine.

Mates westfield Buse Turbo is running 250bhp plus and 10.665 1/4 mile last time out sideways. Does get through a clutch or two a month.

why not lob in the lotus v8??? (or even the twin turbo v8)

very small engine for what it is, would even fit in the engine bay of a 1.2 16v clio, bolts straight onto a genuine renault gearbox

then you have shed loads of power, toque and not much extra weight :D

job done

Monaco 172

has anybody seen the new smart roadsters they are building they have put 2 normal smart engines in which makes 170bhp out of a 1.4 (2X700cc) 16v V6!!!!!!! i want one, the only thing putting me off the orginal smart roadsters were the poor performance now theyve sorted that out looks a lot nicer package.

some comapany put a turbod busa lump in a smart car absolutley flew cant think who did it know

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by G_Man on 25 October 2003

has anybody seen the new smart roadsters they are building they have put 2 normal smart engines in which makes 170bhp out of a 1.4 (2X700cc) 16v V6!!!!!!! i want one, the only thing putting me off the orginal smart roadsters were the poor performance now theyve sorted that out looks a lot nicer package.

some comapany put a turbod busa lump in a smart car absolutley flew cant think who did it know

That will be the brabus.. unfortunatly they are not going into production from what ive heard.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 25 October 2003

also the 3 second delay on the gearchange lol
I test drove a left hand drive smart roadster, the change time is about the same as a normal gearchange, the only difference is if you were racing/trying to accelerate faster you cant speed it up, although having said that you could chip the older smarts to speed up the changes.

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 25 October 2003

Quote: Originally posted by G_Man on 25 October 2003

That will be the brabus.. unfortunatly they are not going into production from what ive heard.

Shame if they dont! Would go against the cheap motoring ethos they have though i guess..

People across the road from me have bought one and it looks really cool, makes a lot of cars look dated!

-Rob

Leon Cupra

Quote: Originally posted by paul172cup on 25 October 2003

Put a turbo on the Busa engine.

Mates westfield Buse Turbo is running 250bhp plus and 10.665 1/4 mile last time out sideways. Does get through a clutch or two a month.
Should be getting a lot less than that mate, a normal Megabusa should do a 9.8sec 1/4 mile according to Westfield specs.

go for the tiny lotus v8 turbo, which mates up to renault gearboxes

that would be a rear performer, and have shed loads of torque to boot