ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Headlights

Headlights on these mk2 sports how the hell do you get them off? i see one screw on the top but no others, so that leaves me screwed as i cant get the bloody things off! all i want to is change a bulb because im not taking to renault!

yeah replacing the bulb is a piece of p*ss but taking the whole head unit out is another. to be honest i aint exactly looked in the users manual however did only see a section, where you can replace bulbs.

i bet it is really easy to do it but i just cant find a bolt where i think i have to unscrew mate.

Cup 172

You dont have to take out the whole unit to change a bulb. Its a bit fiddly, but it can be done. I have the scars to prove it!

exactly mate it was a mare when i tried it. one side is easier than the other as one has more space to work with (if you know what i mean) ill ruin the bulb before i fit it in.

i got big hand so i struggle with it.

I had to give up on mine - it was the side/parking light, drivers side. Left it until the MOT, got them to fit it for free as I bought the bulb from the parts desk, then gave it to them with the keys :)

cheers mate so it aint just me then. they are a right sh*t to put in aint they. im not impressed by that. suppose i will give it another at some point but doubt ill get very far!

Ford Fiesta

its tight but can be done, i aint got small hands but mansged to change sidelights and main beam to blue vision day after i got the car.

Liam

The sidelights are a b**ch, I spent ages turning the buggers until I realised you just pulled them out!

F*ckin monkey.... ;)

[Edited by andrewm on 7/29/2004 10:03:11 PM]

The easyist way to change the bulbs is to just get somone with small hands to do it. Then on the passsengers side remove the battery will halp as space is more at a premium on that side.

Removing the bumper is the only way to get the whole light out its not a huge job (compaired to some jobs) though, 2 screws under the car then the 6 or so clips etc under the arches then the clips holding the bumper on at the sides then the few bolts at the top.

Ford Fiesta

edde thought it might be a big job removing the bumper, thats why put off taking car to get headlight washer replaced, mind they would still scratch the bumper wouldnt they.

i honestly think it is much much tighter on the drivers side of the car regarding the bulbs.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 02 August 2004

mind they would still scratch the bumper wouldnt they.
i honestly think it is much much tighter on the drivers side of the car regarding the bulbs.
Yep there bound to scratch it.

I forgot were on about Zeons lights as you have other bits and pieces in there.