ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio History

Clio v6

Would someone like to list all the Clio models in the correct order from start until the present day.

Thanks

320d M Sport

Errr,

Clio 16V

Clio Williams 1,2,3

Clio 172 Mk1

Clio 172 Exclusive (Not)

Clio V6 Mk1

Clio Mk2 172

Clio Mk2 172 Cup

Clio V6 Mk2

Theyre the quicker ones anyway

In brief:

May 1991: Clio 1.2, 1.4, 1.8 and 1.9d available with various trims including RT and Baccara (luxury).

November 1991: 16V released. Homologated version of RenaultSports Group A rally car.

Early 1993: Williams introduced as homoplgated version of RenaultSports new 2.0 rally Clio. Willy 2 comes in late 1993/early 1994.

March 1994: Phase2 revisions introduced. 1.8 RT dropped. 1.4 RT auto added. Higher trim levels available on 1.9d. Some Williams 2 models in Phase2 trim. Williams 3 edition arrives in 1995 - all Phase2.

Late 1996: Phase3 revisions introduced. 16V and Williams models not in new model range - 1.8 110bhp RSi now the "performance" car of the range.

1998: Clio Mk2 arrives. 1.6 "16V" the performance model (later called RSi when 172 arrives). Old 1.2, 1.4 and 1.9d carried over. 1.9 TD and 1.6 introduced.

2000: 172 arrives. Sport, economy and luxury trim levels introduced. 1.2 and 1.4 dropped; 1.2 16v and 1.4 16v introduced. V6 introuced.

2001: Mk2 Phase2 introduced. 172 arrives after a few months.

I appreciate that list. cheers Paddy and Ben H

In oz - have a 172 (no willys out here at all). When I come back to uk in 2 years though - will look for a willy, or something like that.

BMW 320d Sport

LOL Ben you cheat you just copied that out of Parkers or Glasss guide! Either that or youre the biggest Renault dork I ever knew. Actually its probably the latter ;)seeing as you went down in history as the bloke who came to a Southend meet from Scotland! Thats dedication!

Nick - sorry to confirm that Im actually a Renault dork! Thats all off the top of my head! I seem to have an amazing ability to soak up irrelevant crap (maybe thats why I got my 1st?!).

Im pretty sure that there were some Phase1 Willy 2s (Phase2 was March 194 onwards). I could swear that I was tood next to one at a show recently.

Hello i am doing an A level project on this topic, i was wondering if anyone could give me some key features i would have to include when discussing and arguing about the development and manufacture of clio history, from all the models listed above by Paddy.

also, where in the list do the extreme and dynamique come?

It would be a great help if anyone could help me on this.

thankyou

zippie -x-