ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio III Rear Fog Light Coming On At Random!!

Clio 1.2 TCe 2008
Hi,

I've not used my car since Friday night and as far as i know, everything has been fine but i was looking out of the window tonight and noticed my rear fog light was on...

I went out to look what was wrong and as i suspected the lights should have been off, nothing on the dash saying anything was on at all. I gave the rear light a knock and off it went, then back on and just started flashing! I've taken the bulb out for the time being but i really don't know what could be wrong. If it was just a loose bulb fitting then where is it getting a live feed from?

Any ideas?

Clio 1.2 TCe 2008
Maybe but would that start two days after the car was last moved? And then flash on and off while the car was still stood?

Clio 1.2 TCe 2008
Right, im a little bit wiser and no wiser at all at the same time.

Tonight i've taken the light cluster out and tested the wiring block, i'm getting a constant live feed from position 1 on the block which is the fog light. I've cut into the wire on the car side of the block and tested the bare wire and that also has a constant live so that means the block is in full working order and the problem is somewhere further back.

Next, i need to know which fuse relates to the rear fog light as i thought it might be damaged? Other than that i'm stumped, what else is wired into the same circuit as the rear fog light?