ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Induction Kit

Clio 172 Mk2
Hi can any one help me please?
I am wonting to put a K&N 57i Induction Kit onto my Clio 172. But am wonting to get my cold air through the grill of my car using exactly what K-Tech have used on there Megan sport please copy and past link into explorer to see picture.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1544

I just don’t know where to get the silver round Cap that this person has used on the grill which I think looks really nice. If any one can help me out I would be very grateful indeed or if any one has a one to buy. Thank you.

firstly, fitting an open induction kit to your 172 will be a step backwards. Try and save for a closed kit like the Pipercross Viper. This will possibly add 1 or 2 horses.

As for the cold air feed ring, my local Halfords sell them along with the feed itself.

Clio 172 Mk2
M8 is the Viper Kit really load? i dont wont one that is to load if you know what i mean.

Kris_M said:
M8 is the Viper Kit really load? i dont wont one that is to load if you know what i mean.

Yes, its quite loud.

If you're not after noise... just fit a Panel Filter into the original air box. I have a Pipercross Filter in my Mk1 172. Its much less restrictive than the standard filter, and costs less than £30. You dont need to mess about fitting the air feed behind the radiator then too. :)

Fitting that open K&N kit will probably have negative effects on power.

AstraVan Sportive
fUbAr said:
Yes, its quite loud.

If you're not after noise... just fit a Panel Filter into the original air box. I have a Pipercross Filter in my Mk1 172. Its much less restrictive than the standard filter, and costs less than £30. You dont need to mess about fitting the air feed behind the radiator then too. :)

Fitting that open K&N kit will probably have negative effects on power.

Yep, couldnt agree more

The Viper Kits/CDA kits arent as loud as a normal warm air Induction Kit like a K&N 57i, i have a CDA on my car and love the noise it makes, people notice the car but it sounds more sporty..

CDAs are one of our best selling lines as people are realising that you need an enclosed filter for any real power gains!!

Megane Mk4
Kris_M said:
Hi can any one help me please?
I am wonting to put a K&N 57i Induction Kit onto my Clio 172. But am wonting to get my cold air through the grill of my car using exactly what K-Tech have used on there Megan sport please copy and past link into explorer to see picture.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1544

I just don’t know where to get the silver round Cap that this person has used on the grill which I think looks really nice. If any one can help me out I would be very grateful indeed or if any one has a one to buy. Thank you..

I've got a K&N 57i on mine ... I bought it originally because of the noise factor and if its the sound your after.. all well and good, go buy.. But it looses power in your car when it gets warm because its sucking in hot air from your engine bay and has a "drag" effect of power towards the top end acceleration... With mine its the model before they started supplying heat shields with them unfautunately! :(

I've just purchased and closed air induction off ebay, not the best one available but at £30 quid I wasnt going to sniff at it !! lol

Last edited:
Hi guys

I've fitted a K&N panel filter & thought I lost power esp. low down torque? I have now gone back to the standard filter. I was toying with the idea of buying another air box & drilling holes in the bottom of it like alot of the Golf GTi boys do.

Also have you seen these diodes people are selling on ebay that conect to your air sensor to increase BHP? Do they work?

Finally I am after some advise, my SERV light is on indicating the air bag, how quickly do I need to get this checked (sounds silly I know) as my local Renault garage charges Porsche prices.

If you have side airbags, check the connections under the chairs. They can become loose and cause the light to come on.

Megane Mk4
Roy Munson said:
If you have side airbags, check the connections under the chairs. They can become loose and cause the light to come on.

make sure you have the ignition switched off when checking ... I had the same fault with my 172 and I accidently set off the driver seat airbag ... Must say it was the quickest pant change I ever did!! pmsl ..

Liquid yellow R26 F1
I currently have K&N Gen 2.. but am selling my 57i..

filterpic3.jpg

ClioKN.jpg

MKIII 138
l!ckeldev!l_2k1 said:
make sure you have the ignition switched off when checking ... I had the same fault with my 172 and I accidently set off the driver seat airbag ... Must say it was the quickest pant change I ever did!! pmsl ..

fpmsl you nutter bet you bab`d you pants there really loud and savage are airbags, lots of smoke also and white stuff

Liquid yellow R26 F1
Jon's Cup said:
How do u find the K&N Gen 2? Is it any good, because i was thinking of getting this 1 myself

Found it really good.. a lot better than the original 57i.. even in the summer in 90 degree summer afternoons.. it was still pulling hard.. :).. where as the mk1 57I would have felt quite limp.. i can highly recomend it.. As you now get the sound WITH the power..

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
on the r/r it made 3 hp on ave and 4hp at one point in the range and 6fpt, which is good as most loose power and bmc only got 2

182BG
save up get a viper or bmc - the k&n 57i is so much louder than an enclosed filter
Earl172 said:
Also have you seen these diodes people are selling on ebay that conect to your air sensor to increase BHP? Do they work?

two of my mates tried these when they first came out, one said it didn't work the other said it did, but they both agreed on the fact that it made the car burn a hell of a lot more fuel. which we all know is g a y
stay away from them matey

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Friction said:
who's RR though? lol
THERES AND IT PROB IS LIL BIAS , BUT WHEN THE R/R ON STOCK CAR IT WAS THE SAME AS WHEN I HAD IT R/R A WHILE AGO ON DIFF ROLLERS

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
lol sorry mate, obviously not the case this time, but i just think its funny when people think they're buying a purpose built product, when really they're not!

Clio 172
I believe that a closed cold-air feed actually deadens the sound of the air filter somewhat, if you are worried about noise. Still louder than standard though.

James Bushell said:
I currently have K&N Gen 2.. but am selling my 57i..

filterpic3.jpg

ClioKN.jpg

Where can I get the heatshield alone? If not, would you mind to give me the dimension of it and so I can custom made one ?